• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

WORLD CRUISES 2014

Neil

Deckhand
P & O Cruises UK have announced that for 2014 they are planning to operate three world cruises from the UK.

Arcadia will undertake a 92 day cruise.
Aurora will operate a 109 day cruise
Adonia will operate a 112 day cruise.

Arcadia and the smaller Adonia operate as adult only cruise ships.
Aurora is family friendly !
Fly Cruise sections are often available to be booked on these world cruises.

Lioness

Hello Neil, I definitely would not like a world cruise. Too long for me. I've done 30 days and I had enough by the end. Wanted to be home and miss my dogs! Fly cruise is not for me. Don't fly these days.

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Jean

Having done many world cruises, when working for P &O, you find that many people who think it is a great idea for when they retire have not stopped to consider what they do at home in a three month period.

It is a long time to be away and many enjoy the start and last few days on board but the time in between can become very boring for them.

I was on the ss Oronsay when we had a typhoid outbreak on board on the winter round the world cruise and spent three weeks swinging round the anchor in Vancouver with the ship in quarentine.

I was not too worried about myself as I had just transfered to the Oronsay from one of our small P & O passenger ships on the Far East service, ss Cathay, and had the right innoculations ,which you always had on the Far East service but not on our Pacific services .

For the other staff we never knew from day to day who would pick up the infection and be taken ashore to the isolation hospital as many did not have that innoculation.

The ship was still two class in those days and the passenger list was head by Viscount and Viscountess Kemsley but they were very happy how things were running with reduced staff and stayed with us for the whole trip as did many of the other passengers.