• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Working at Holland?

Hi all, new here. Love cruising, love talking about cruising!

I recently was offered the chance to interview for a personal cruise consultant for Holland. What do you guys think?

Anyone on here know what the interview process is like, what type of questions they will ask and what they expect? I think it would be a great career and right up my alley!

I am an experienced cruiser, however I have never been on HAL. Any tips would be so awesome!

Thanks!

L

lancashire lass

Hi all, new here. Love cruising, love talking about cruising!

I recently was offered the chance to interview for a personal cruise consultant for Holland. What do you guys think?

Anyone on here know what the interview process is like, what type of questions they will ask and what they expect? I think it would be a great career and right up my alley!

I am an experienced cruiser, however I have never been on HAL. Any tips would be so awesome!

Thanks!
Welcome to cruisingtalk. We are happy to have you aboard. Perhaps someone on our forum will be along and have some answers for you. Are you currently a cruise consultant or work in the travel industry or hospitality?

Thanks for the reply! I have been working in the travel industry, but not as a PCC. Sounds like a great position! Any info about it or Holland would be great. I have been reading this boards and HAL seems like a line that is respected and cherished by its customers. At my agency, we mostly had RCL and NCL passengers, so I am not as familiar with HAL. I know it is a subsidiary of Carnival, however it seems to me HAL is an intimate style cruise catered more to the adult side, which is nice. I like the size of the ships as well, seems almost perfect!

L

lancashire lass

I have sailed with HAL but it was quite a few years ago . I think Carnival took over around 15 years ago. Your enthusiasm for HAL's type of cruising will come through in an interview but If I Were you I would research HAL's Corporate website and try and learn as much as you can about the company and its ships.
I believe right now they are becoming more child friendly, adding amenities for families. You might find some newsworthy items in our HAL thread and I hope some of our members will have some ideas for you, especially our recent cruisers. Good luck with your interview.

Thanks Kathy! Really helpful and informative. Do you know if HAL has plans for any new ships in the next year or two? I know they just came out with a new ship in 2011?

L

lancashire lass

I believe the last ship was Niew Amsterdam and I have not come across any new builds planned for them. Check our HAL section for updates.

Laffnvegas

Deckhand
DG what happened with your Hal interview? I have also been approached to do this and I know HAL inside and out and I am personal friends with many officers. I personally have not pursued due to what the income appears to be Maybe my info has been wrong.
I have been in the industry for almost 4 yrs so the qualification is there and I have we'll over 200 days with HAL
Hopefully you succeeded :)