• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Widescreen versus Full Screen Formats

BenB

Deckhand
Which do you prefer between widescreen and full screen video formats? Personally, I like full screen better. I've never been a fan of the "letterbox" and with our new (widescreen) TV, if the movie was recorded in letterbox format, we end up with a box in a box, and the movie is limited to about the middle half on the screen. What's the point of having a big screen TV if the top and bottom quarters of the screen are black??

Adrian

Deckhand
I don't mind the widescreen, letterbox format at the movie theater, but at home on my TV, I want whatever I'm watching to be in full screen and utilize the entire screen. It's a waste of money to buy a 50" TV (for example) if there's a black bar at the top and bottom of the screen, blocking out 10" of viewing space. I really don't understand how or why this has caught on, personally.

L

lancashire lass

I prefer the full screen. Unfortunately when we purchased our TV{ flat screen} we didn't know any better and we ended up with the letter format. Drives me nuts.:hoh:

Mrslinarcos

Deckhand
Letterbox does have it's place...my TV has a control where I can make the screen letterbox. But, I really prefer full screen.