• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Which Way Out Of Tampa ?

sealegs

Deckhand
:confused: Good morning all,

I am wondering which way ships navigate when sailing away out of Tampa ...
Do they set out away from Channelside/Ybor Channel and turn into Garrison Channell and onto Old Tampa Bay ??? Or do they take another route I couldn't figure out on the TPA map.. ??
Thanks for advice
Cheers
CG
:)

tigersxm

Deckhand
Port of Tampa

Sealegs, although I have never sailed out of Tampa, I am from that area. I believe they take Ybor Channel to Sparkman Channel into Hillsborough Bay. Then under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge past Anna Maria Island (port side) and Eggmont Key (starboard) into the Gulf of Mexico.

I have stayed at the Wyndam Harbour Island Hotel and had a room facing the channel and watched the ships leaving. And, I have seen them going under the Skyway Bridge.

Hope this helps!

Terry
mapimage.JPG
Sparkman.JPG
tbports.JPG

sealegs

Deckhand
:clap: Good evening, TigerSXM....and thank you for your detailled reply. Yes, it does indeed help.
Manuela, yes, it is probably a tremendous sight to sail under the Skyway....sort of like sailing under the GoldenGate bridge in SanFran or the Lions Gate bridge here in Vancouver...

Thanks for the information.
Cheers
CG
;)