• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

When to book ?

Hi all. My husband and I are on a budget and have't cruised for 6 years. Last one was Costa out of Venice which we'd like ,to repeat for our 40th anniversary,! In Late September. We would like a balcony cabin and wonder how long is at safe to wait as we would like to get the best price possible. I'm hoping prices may come down a bit from what they are now.
Any suggestions?
Also how does the dancing on the Fascinosa compare with .the Magica which I know is very good . Thanks

Rex

Captain
Staff member
Generally pricing is best the further out.

Have you tried CruiseCompete?

Pam in CA

Captain
As Rex says, best pricing is usually when itineraries are announced. Since you're planning to cruise in September, that's not possible. If it were me, I'd keep checking availability and keep a record of the pricing for the cabin type you want. If you see the ship selling out, I'd book ASAP. If there are still a lot of cabins available after final payment, chances are that pricing will come down. Otherwise, if the ship is selling out, prices will increase. It's always a gamble. :(

Something to remember is that the closer you get to sail date, the cabin or cabins you want are likely to be unavailable. Usually, the better cabins sell first. This is in general for all cruise lines.

Warner Athey

Deckhand
Hi all. My husband and I are on a budget and have't cruised for 6 years. Last one was Costa out of Venice which we'd like ,to repeat for our 40th anniversary,! In Late September. We would like a balcony cabin and wonder how long is at safe to wait as we would like to get the best price possible. I'm hoping prices may come down a bit from what they are now.
Any suggestions?
Also how does the dancing on the Fascinosa compare with .the Magica which I know is very good . Thanks
Cruise ship owners like to fill them up. They will lower the price if they have to in order to fill up the cabins. You can get
some really good bargains and low prices if you are flexible on the date you can't to cruise and what ship you want to go on.
In this case you want to go on your 40th anniversary. This time you are not flexible on the date. In that case your best bet
would be to go ahead and book it now if the price is not already too high for you. Only wait for that bargain price when you are
flexible on the date. Well that's just my 2 cents. Have a nice cruise.