• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats Happened To CT ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

middy

Deckhand
Hi Brent.:)
Hope you had a good holiday. I'm sticking with you. Might not post as much as I used to, but like to pop by and contribute at times.
Good luck with all the changes planned :)

AmoMondo

Deckhand
Thanks for the explanation Brent.

Never easy taking something new on, and stuff invariably comes out the woodwork that take you by surprise.

I'm happy to be patient and hang around for a while, to allow you to take action to sort out the recent issues.

L

lancashire lass

Hi everyone,

I have been on vacation for the last week and just go back today. I am not aware of PMs being turned off. I will look into what could be causing this. This is not something that I did.

Right before I left for vacation Ally sent me an email stating that she no longer wish to be stressed by the day to day tasks of managing the forum. She expressed desire to still be a part of CT and be active and I hope she still is.

As many of you know, I did not inherit this forum in a good state. Enrique had made changes that upset everyone and then he did not let Ally know that he was selling the site to me. He did not disclose certain information as well that would have helped make the transfer of the site to me go more smoothly.

I know you are all ready to throw me under the bus, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to abandon CT. I'm willing to work with you all to make CT what it used to be.

It won't be easy considering the last 6 months and the drama that has happened with certain members. I just ask for patience. You guys hold the fate of CT in your hands and I just ask that you remain a part as we transition to better software that will make acquiring new members much easier for us.

As far as the advertisements go, I always have planned to remove these for those that helped build the forum. I just have not had time to implement this.

So, I understand your concerns, but I have not been put in a ideal situation to help CT and its going to take a bit of work and time to make it happen.

Hope you all give me that time.
Brent I am confused by your remarks re Drama certain members. I am not aware there was any drama at all with any member just people expressing concern at some of the changes.
As you are aware { I did send you an e mail} that I have been quite ill and I am not yet out of the woods. Perhaps you moved too quickly re changes and of course did not get help from Enrique who also threw Ally under the bus so to speak. You have lost a valuable resource and hard worker in Ally but quite rightly she needs to put her health first.

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
Brent I am confused by your remarks re Drama certain members. I am not aware there was any drama at all with any member just people expressing concern at some of the changes.
As you are aware { I did send you an e mail} that I have been quite ill and I am not yet out of the woods. Perhaps you moved too quickly re changes and of course did not get help from Enrique who also threw Ally under the bus so to speak. You have lost a valuable resource and hard worker in Ally but quite rightly she needs to put her health first.
I was referring to Neil.

L

lancashire lass

Brent
Neils " drama" did not affect you . Ally had that problem to clean up. All of us on this forum has spent quite a lot of hours helping to attract other members and many before me made this a wonderful friendly yet informative forum. I wonder if it will ever return to that?

Boy Blue

Deckhand
I would like to thank Ally with a big :kiss::clap: and THANK YOU for the help and advice in past cruise plans and also up and coming plans.

Brent I trust the vacation you have been on was a cruise holiday and all your experiences you will be sharing with all the members of CT

While we were away we believed in CT so much we spent on our valuable onboard account to try and post our cruise experiences.... with other CT members, Brent I really wish you had done the same, put your money where your mouth is....

GMT did such a good job of our stalk we recommended CT to all our cruise buddies, to see the web cams of where we had been, a wonderful cruise momento

I believe and correct me if I am wrong a forum is only as good as the posters on it.

Again just my two penny worth

I dont believe that it will be considered ..... but there you go it makes me feel alot better

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
Brent
Neils " drama" did not affect you . Ally had that problem to clean up. All of us on this forum has spent quite a lot of hours helping to attract other members and many before me made this a wonderful friendly yet informative forum. I wonder if it will ever return to that?
The spam that he allowed in is still affecting the site. We catch spammers that continue to try to post that registered in September and October of 2011.

As stated, with time it will. It will just take time.

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
I would like to thank Ally with a big :kiss::clap: and THANK YOU for the help and advice in past cruise plans and also up and coming plans.

Brent I trust the vacation you have been on was a cruise holiday and all your experiences you will be sharing with all the members of CT

While we were away we believed in CT so much we spent on our valuable onboard account to try and post our cruise experiences.... with other CT members, Brent I really wish you had done the same, put your money where your mouth is....

GMT did such a good job of our stalk we recommended CT to all our cruise buddies, to see the web cams of where we had been, a wonderful cruise momento

I believe and correct me if I am wrong a forum is only as good as the posters on it.

Again just my two penny worth

I dont believe that it will be considered ..... but there you go it makes me feel alot better
I honestly don't understand your hostility and sarcastic remarks towards me. Am I required to only go on vacations on cruises or to have a certain amount of cruisers before owning a cruise forum? My vacation was not on a cruise. I have been on multiple cruises in the past.

I understand you don't trust me. I don't understand the continued hostility that you have shown toward me. I have owned this site for just over one month now. I have admitted mistakes and want to try to help repair any ill will that I have caused any of you.

However, you do not seem willing to give me a shot at all and instead would rather be hostile toward me. I don't understand this approach or your goal?

You are correct in that a forum is only as good as its posters. Which is why this forum needs all of you to stick around. I want to accomandate this. It is hard and frustrating for me to do this when I continue to receive comments like this from you after only owning the forum for barely a month and a half.

If you want to work with me then I welcome that.

Boy Blue

Deckhand
I honestly don't understand your hostility and sarcastic remarks towards me. Am I required to only go on vacations on cruises or to have a certain amount of cruisers before owning a cruise forum? My vacation was not on a cruise. I have been on multiple cruises in the past.

I understand you don't trust me. I don't understand the continued hostility that you have shown toward me. I have owned this site for just over one month now. I have admitted mistakes and want to try to help repair any ill will that I have caused any of you.

However, you do not seem willing to give me a shot at all and instead would rather be hostile toward me. I don't understand this approach or your goal?

You are correct in that a forum is only as good as its posters. Which is why this forum needs all of you to stick around. I want to accomandate this. It is hard and frustrating for me to do this when I continue to receive comments like this from you after only owning the forum for barely a month and a half.

If you want to work with me then I welcome that.

I am not being hostile or sarcastic towards you at all, I believe the biggest asset you had was Ally ..... but again you never realise what you had till its gone.....

As for giving you a shot.... I did and your reponse was as I took it .... if you dont like then well.... perhaps its a english thing and coming from yorkshire what you see is what you get

Hostile I dont believe I have ever been hostile to anyone...... my first dealings with yourself was less than warm, and I will fight my corner

As from comments from myself...... I dont think I have said anything but the truth as I see it...

I come on here for advice and experience.... not a slanging match

I expressed my concerns as to the direction CT was taking

As for working with you I believe it is a two way thing.......and if you have been on numerous cruises it would be wonderful if you shared your experiences of them with us all...

Perhaps this as become too confrontational to be fun

I wish you well Brent as for working with you its a two way thing as is trust

again just my two penny worth

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
How in the world does that not come off as sarcastic? Why would you assume it was on a Cruise? Is that the only vacation that exists? Why even bring that up?

One of the things I was promised when I purchased this forum from Enrique is that Ally would remain on board. YOU are assuming that I ran Ally off. This is false. Enrique made promises to me WITHOUT consulting Ally.

Would you please stop assuming things and placing all the blame on me? You don't seem to understand anything that I am trying to say.

I have flat out told you and everyone else that I am looking for your CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. I have a new thread created now where you can provide input on the new software. The goal is simplicity. I want to get CT back to being a simple forum to use where you all can comment easily. There is a review system in the works as well.

This takes time though. I was not dealt a good hand when acquiring this site.

Boy Blue

Deckhand
How in the world does that not come off as sarcastic? Why would you assume it was on a Cruise? Is that the only vacation that exists? Why even bring that up?

One of the things I was promised when I purchased this forum from Enrique is that Ally would remain on board. YOU are assuming that I ran Ally off. This is false. Enrique made promises to me WITHOUT consulting Ally.

Would you please stop assuming things and placing all the blame on me? You don't seem to understand anything that I am trying to say.

I have flat out told you and everyone else that I am looking for your CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. I have a new thread created now where you can provide input on the new software. The goal is simplicity. I want to get CT back to being a simple forum to use where you all can comment easily. There is a review system in the works as well.

This takes time though. I was not dealt a good hand when acquiring this site.

your ideas are so different to mine, not blaming you at all....

I wish you well and bow out

enough said!!!!!!!

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
There is ideas and there are facts. Ally is still a part of this forum. Just not in the administrative role due to issues that existed leading up to the sale of this forum that I was not privileged too.

It is not all doom and gloom. I look forward to moving past this and getting on with growing CT. It's a great forum with a lot of content.

sidari

Deckhand
Guys .... Do not be falling out over minor things, since i came here there has been no argueing and animosity like there is on a certain other site that i guess some here also post on.

Having our own website(not cruise related) we know how hard it can be to attract new members and keep the ones that are there and while i was not a fan of the changes as many of you will have read to this site i have posted on what interests me and await the changes that Brent is trying to make.

Stick with it people it is good to have a forum where views are respected by other posters.

BooBoos Mum

Deckhand
I am now popping up it seems to me that every forum i go on people seem to get evicted off or just leaving i'm beginning to feel a jinx ,,i think what has happened on here is Ally isn't on in a morning & isn't on saying goodnight .as well as some others iv'e noticed missing ( not Neil ) but others .i come on & as someone has said no one is on anymore ..i know you have been on holiday & just taken oven the forum but it's empty .....i loved it & appreciated being stalked & listening to people talk about their cruise while being on the shipwas great ,never would have had that on the other forums i'm on Cruise .co uk & Cruise Critic ..this forum seemed more friendly & smaller so people can get to know each other a bit more which made it friendlier .....i will still pop on & hope it can get back to what this forum had .

L

lancashire lass

Hope so to Boos mum and sidari.
I have not been on here because I have been ill and am still recovering and not able to get as involved as I was.
Ally will still pop in and is still a member here but she has decided not to be doing as much as before.
Neil and I bought a new boat a trawler. Sail boat was becoming too much work. Hope it will be delivered this week :cool: but I will not be able to get out until the doc says:(
Have fun and have a great day/ evening whatever you decide to do.:)

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
We have been having issues with the server that CT and one other site is on. Unfortunately, it is happening while I am out of town for the 4th of July. Tomorrow CT will be moved to a new server and the problem should be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.