• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Whats Happened To CT ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Blue

Deckhand
Well here I go with my 2 pence worth.

I would really like to say that CT isnt what it was.

Never no one around.

You sign on you feel like billy no mates

AND NOW WE HAVE ADVERTISING FOR GAWWD KNOWS WHAT :bawling::bawling:

PLEASE PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THE OLD CRUISE TALKING BACK

No private messages :bawling:

THe list of the changes go on and on.

Ally

Deckhand
It appears that the anti-spam net has been lost, Mel...I imagine that Brent will put it back on once the software has been swapped over...which should be in the next 7-10 days ish.

Not sure why the PM's were turned off...unless that is also something to do with preparations for the swap over.

As for it being quiet...pass...:idontknow:

L

lancashire lass

I think people are very disappointed in cruisingtalk and the changes but lets see what unfolds. I know many members have given up on it:(

Boy Blue

Deckhand
Well Ally I am sure Bret will be able to answer any cruising questions we all may have, I am assuming that he is a old sea dog and has lots of cruises under his belt.

I just miss all the old faces..... Brave, Amo, Kathy, Dizzy, Dotty, Sidari, Capri, Grumpy and your goodself.

Not forgetting GMT :dancing_banana: I knows hes busy stalking at the moment :biggrinbounce2:

Braveheart

Deckhand
I dont like the new CT, - I hate having to constantly pull my eyes left, and scroll sidebars - sorry everyone, but I liked the old CT better too..
I have been reading our cruisestalk - hey - you all did a great job on that!!!
I am banned from booking any holidays for the moment - :bawling:
But you know..browsing around hoping I might catch DH on a good day:roflmao:
Worked out that Ryanair do a flight from Prestwick to Milano with a short train to Savona - hmmmmmmm
Also fancy Carnival Breeze - who knows, lets see what the year ahead brings and maybe a last minute might be on the cards.
Meanwhile, yeah, vote for old CT back :biggrinbounce2:

L

lancashire lass

Glad to hear you had a great cruise brave and you will be cruising again knowing how much you love it:)
Mel e mails to my home address are fine with me I don't know why the P.M e mails here have been deleted perhaps it is to do with the new format.

jack100

Deckhand
I may not be the most prolific poster but I still take an interest.
What happened to Ally ? When the new top man Brent arrived there was a post letting us know about the change.
Have I missed something ?
Suddenly I see that Ally who has been on here for ages with tons of experience and a vast knowledge of cruising is no longer an Administrator.
No post from Brent thanking her for all she's done in that role.Makes me wonder if perhaps Brent gave Ally the boot.
I'm guessing that probably Ally made the decision herself for personal reasons but a post from the top man would ( IMHO ) have been the right thing to do.

dizzy1948

Deckhand
Hi Mel, I feel the same as you............the lustre seems to have disappeared. Can't put my finger on why or how, but that's how I feel. Billy no mates...that sums it up pretty well. What's happened?????????????

Jack100, wherever did you get your info from - or is it an assumption?

As for the adverts...........well, sad day at black rock. Just tried to "report" the advert......hey....the email facility as been disabled...............so anything can appear........SMASHING.........Old CT.....come back. Love progression............but seems we've got regression instead:eek::crap:

jack100

Deckhand
dizzy, don't have any info & not making any assumptions
Just an observation, as i said I noticed that Ally is now a navigator.
I have a huge regard for Ally and just thought that a big change like that would have merited a mention but didn't see one so thought |I'd ask the question.
Also don't like the way some posts have all sentences underlined now & wonder if it is only on my computer it is happening.

AmoMondo

Deckhand
Hi Mel, I'm still here most days but as you say, less going on, so am not posting as much asI was.

I too wish the old CT was back and had been wondering about some of the advertising posts finding there way on here.

Hopefully our concerns will be taken onboard (pardon the pun) and we can get back to the fun place this used to be.

dizzy1948

Deckhand
jack100 - might be your computer - I throw full stops in - in lines - between statements................like this....but I haven't seen any underlining anywhere, does that mean something in "computer" manners? I am not a techno....but I know capitals means shouting (I think) - but I haven't seen anyone with posts with lines in :confused:

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I have been on vacation for the last week and just go back today. I am not aware of PMs being turned off. I will look into what could be causing this. This is not something that I did.

Right before I left for vacation Ally sent me an email stating that she no longer wish to be stressed by the day to day tasks of managing the forum. She expressed desire to still be a part of CT and be active and I hope she still is.

As many of you know, I did not inherit this forum in a good state. Enrique had made changes that upset everyone and then he did not let Ally know that he was selling the site to me. He did not disclose certain information as well that would have helped make the transfer of the site to me go more smoothly.

I know you are all ready to throw me under the bus, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to abandon CT. I'm willing to work with you all to make CT what it used to be.

It won't be easy considering the last 6 months and the drama that has happened with certain members. I just ask for patience. You guys hold the fate of CT in your hands and I just ask that you remain a part as we transition to better software that will make acquiring new members much easier for us.

As far as the advertisements go, I always have planned to remove these for those that helped build the forum. I just have not had time to implement this.

So, I understand your concerns, but I have not been put in a ideal situation to help CT and its going to take a bit of work and time to make it happen.

Hope you all give me that time.

dizzy1948

Deckhand
Ta - Got it. Security on my computer advises the site is a "potential threat" so I willl have to think about it.............but thanks for that

Status
Not open for further replies.