• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What made you choose Holland America Line for your first cruise

John

Deckhand
How did you decide upon Holland America Line for your first cruise ?

Did you then go on to cruise more with them or did you decide on different cruiseline next time ? and if so what affected your decision ?

Thanks

Jzygail

Deckhand
How did you decide upon Holland America Line for your first cruise ?

Did you then go on to cruise more with them or did you decide on different cruiseline next time ? and if so what affected your decision ?

Thanks
Well, pretty much, the folks I was going with said, "Hey, wanna go on a cruise with us?" and I said "Sure, why not?". They'd already booked with HAL, so that's how I chose them. I'd cruise onHAL again in a heartbeat, but we're sailing on Carnival next. For pretty much the same reasons as I sailed on HAL :)

onlyrocknroll

Deckhand
My parents chose HAL.they had been on one previous HAL cruise and chose HAL for a Mexican Riviera cruise 3 years ago.We enjoyed that and cruised with HAL again this year, to the Eastern Caribbean.

L

lancashire lass

Planning a vacation { years ago} we did not have clue about which Island in the Caribbean to choose, our travel agent suggested a cruise and booked us on the Holland America's Rotterdam. We loved it and two years later did another . We travelled the world doing land trips and then went back to cruising but not back on HAL yet.

Ontariotrekker

Deckhand
After a bad experience on another line, I swore I would never cruise again but in 2009 a local TA had a great deal on a repositioning cruise through the Panama Canal. It was 19 days, veranda, 12 ports and air. In total it cost us about $3500. CDN and that included the extra excursions we purchased. We had a great time, saw lots of cool stuff and have since recommended the same cruise to others.

PEB

Captain
Staff member
I am now booked on Holland America for the first time in 2013. I am booked on three different Holland America cruises. I am looking forward to it but the reason I will be cruising Holland America is because I like to try all cruise lines. I personally feel how can I say one line is better for me then another line if I have not cruised on all the lines. Let me also say I have never had a bad cruise on any cruise line it usually comes down to the people I meet on the ships that make them more memorable then the ships or cruise line.

Pam in CA

Captain
I didn't take a HAL cruise until after many others on other lines. The reason my friend and I booked the Prinsendam was the itinerary. It sailed out of Amsterdam to the North Cape and back. The itinerary was much better than the Princess ship we were considering because it was able to go into smaller fjords and went to Svalbard. This was one of my very favorite cruises. After sailing from Longyearben, we sailed about 800 miles north, right into the polar ice cap. Deliberately. That was absolutely amazing. While on the ship, we booked the Amsterdam to Antarctica a few months later. Another amazing cruise and one of my top three.

onlyrocknroll

Deckhand
I would prefer to go on HAL, but if a really good deal presented itself on another line, and the time was right, I'd do it.

MrsB1228

Deckhand
We cruised on HAL after having cruised with Celebrity and Oceania. We chose the HAL cruise because of the itinerary (2 back-to-back 10 day cruises covering the Eastern and Southern Caribbean). We had been considering another Oceania cruise (our favourite line) but got a great price for HAL so we went with that. We were very glad we did as we had a great time and I wouldn't hesitate to cruise with HAL again.

Braindead6

Deckhand
I'm going to say that I was a Princess cruiser for years. The reason that I quit was because of the change in their smoking policy.
I went on a 22 day Panama Canal with HAL and loved it. I am already talking about another cruise with them. I just havn't decided on where yet.

Jim

Kathyfromstl

Deckhand
Always heard HAL was one of the better ships going to Alaska. With this being our 1st cruise I wanted a smaller ship with an older crowd. Since I don't have anything to compare this cruise to I'm sure I'll enjoy it just fine.