• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What if I buy something big?

BoHunk

Deckhand
OK...I was checking threads and boards and saw where folks were comenting about going to the ports to buy art and statues that were carved. One person even had someone carve him a door in Belize to his specks in a couple of hours...how do people get all this stuff back? Do you just go back on the ship with your door? And your large pictures and statues and what not?
Can someone fill my curious mind?

Ally

Deckhand
Quite often places that sell large woodcarvings and other larger than average gifts will ship them for you to either your home address or to any address of your choice. Costs will be added to the final bill and can differ according to size and weight and distance to be sent. Usually they will use recognised carriers such as FedEx or UPS.

Generally these gifts or items will not be taken back to the ship, especially if there are flights home involved after disembarkation, other methods will be decided at time of purchase.

Ally

Deckhand
It really depends.

If the shop is a regular shipper of goods with a courier company, they will get preferential rates with that courier company.

BoHunk

Deckhand
OK....has anyone ever purchased something big....what was it and how did you get it home?

Chucksta63

Deckhand
To answer your question...what if I buy something big....Rick will kill you....lol
Your down sizing remember....lol

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
OK...I was checking threads and boards and saw where folks were comenting about going to the ports to buy art and statues that were carved. One person even had someone carve him a door in Belize to his specks in a couple of hours...how do people get all this stuff back? Do you just go back on the ship with your door? And your large pictures and statues and what not?
Can someone fill my curious mind?
Carry it... Your Bohemian .... :laughalot: