• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ventura

pobore1

Deckhand
I have heard a rumour that the name being given to P&O,s new ship has come from a certain groups headquarters,(Ventura Highway!!! :idea: ring any bells)

reverendk

Deckhand
May be someone high up in that "certain groups headquarters" likes 70s American pop music, Or has an old racehorse. Just an idea you understand.

But then the origional Queen Victoria changed her name before delivery so perhaps the Ventura might change yet.

Steve

CruiseDJ

Deckhand
I am not keen on "Ventura" either Keith, Would have rather seen her named as perhaps "Canberra". Unless they have other ideas for that name.

pobore1

Deckhand
Dave and Sandy,I would prefer the Canberra name to be given to a "more friendly"ship (less than 60,000 tons).

robyn

Gondoliere

I agree Keith, but I don't think P&O will ever have a ship that small again :mad: Besides having an odd name, Ventura looks too big for me.