• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upcoming vacation w/ cruise...kind of.

Mayott

Deckhand
I will be flying down to my favorite spot in the country, Ft. lauderdale, on Sunday Feb. 12. The next morning i will board the Discovery Sun to take to the bahamas. Now I am not expecting this to be a "Cruise" despite what they tell you on their website. It was cheaper than flying straight to the bahamas and it comes with food...lol. And there is one thing you can't take away and that is my favorite part about cruise...being at sea and watching the water pass by the ship. Anyway the real trip will be the 4 days in the bahamas, so I am excited.
Don't really think you can stalk the Discovery Sun. It leaves Port Everglades just before 8am and returns on Feb 16 around 10 pm. It sails to Freeport if there is a cam there you can use maybe?

Anyway, going to be different experience for me because I usually sail on Princess. But all in all it should be fun, and who can beat the price? $401.99 for everything including air!

jack100

Deckhand
Pam in CA is on the Diamond Princess at the moment
I read somewhere that she was in Tiananmen Square Beijing just before the start of her cruise.
Another cruiser also on the Diamond said they saw her on two excursions in Japan and she was enjoying the cruise.
Ship is now on the 3rd sea day on it's way to Alaska
I've also heard that the cruise director is Brett Sibourne

Pam in CA

Captain
Pam in CA is on the Diamond Princess at the moment
I read somewhere that she was in Tiananmen Square Beijing just before the start of her cruise.
Another cruiser also on the Diamond said they saw her on two excursions in Japan and she was enjoying the cruise.
Ship is now on the 3rd sea day on it's way to Alaska
I've also heard that the cruise director is Brett Sibourne
Jack, thanks for sharing. Yes, I took a pre-cruise tour which included Tiananmen Square. It was May Day and there had to have been at least a million Chinese in the Square and Forbidden City. I'm so glad I'd been there before when there weren't masses of people. You could barely move or see anything. :( Some friends who I was going to cruise with had taken a Viking River Cruise pre-cruise and I knew they were in Beijing somewhere. Imagine my shock when I was standing in the Forbidden City trying to hear my guide when my friends were literally next to me. We couldn't have planned it! Screams, squeals and hugs, and a minute later went in opposite directions.

Had a terrific cruise with great friends. Met many new ones. Lots of relaxing sea days after long tour days.

Disembarked this morning to heavy snow, high winds and freezing temps in Whittier. :( Am in Anchorage and flying home tomorrow. Hope to upload photos in the next few days.