• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Upcoming Dawn Cruise

We are going on a 10 day Norwegian Dawn cruise soon.
As we have done most of the cruises that were on our "bucket list" that we realisticaly would ever be able to afford, we have started looking for the bargain cruises that may do one of the ports in the Caribbean that we have not gone to. This one was a great buy. Including non stop air fare the price for two with a balcony was $3100.

Pam in CA

Captain
That's a great deal and you'll have a terrific time. I recently booked a 7-day Caribbean cruise out of Galveston and will be going to Roatan for the first time. It's always nice to go to a new port.

Sorry, I said the cruise was the Norwegian Dawn, in reality it is the Sun. We have checked on cruises out of Galvaston and New Orleans but the air fares from Detroit are more money than to Florida and eats up any savings on the cruises.

Pam in CA

Captain
So true. For me from CA, Houston is only about a 3-hour flight as opposed to a 5-6 hour flight to FL. Usually, I use AA miles but for this cruise, I booked on United so no miles.

I don't mind the length of the flight so much as the cost. We are a Delta hub. But, we do limit our flying time to ports to 7 hour maximum (Detroit to Anchorage for example).

Pam in CA

Captain
I don't mind the length of the flight so much as the cost. We are a Delta hub. But, we do limit our flying time to ports to 7 hour maximum (Detroit to Anchorage for example).
I'm a glutton for punishment. :) I have two 10-12 hour flights this year. I was able to get First Class using miles, fortunately. Otherwise, I'd never do it.