• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

UK to US language education class

BoHunk

Deckhand
"OK...everyone ...sit down..."
"Bohemians too!" ("next time you need to wear shoes to class")
"This is a very important class! We all need to listen and learn so we can live with our new friends from far away. They are going to help us learn a new language. Just like you learned Canadian, Eh?"
"Bohemian girl...please put back all those pencils you took. , Lisa...you need to put away that lip gloss! Ricksta...no slingshots!, Dixie, sit down! Your not teaching this one!" "Chuck...put down the red ball!!!!!"
"Cant everyone just listen!":shhh:
Our wonderful instructors will now inform us of their language starting with simple slang like Easy Peasy and nutter. We will move on from there...

BoHunk

Deckhand
Dixie...your not teaching this one..are you even listening to the instructor!

There will be a test on our new terms!

astros fan

Deckhand
I am paying attention...just not to the Bohemian who believes she is in charge....easy peasy = winning a battle with Karyn
nutter = Karyn

Ally

Deckhand
I can feel the grey hairs growing now.....you lot are going to be a right handful...I can tell....

:roflmao: :laughalot: :roflmao:

astros fan

Deckhand
I can feel the grey hairs growing now.....you lot are going to be a right handful...I can tell....

:roflmao: :laughalot: :roflmao:

Oh, Ally, don't let Karyn scare you....she really means well. She just doesn't get out of MN very often.

BoHunk

Deckhand
I am paying attention...just not to the Bohemian who believes she is in charge....easy peasy = winning a battle with Karyn
nutter = Karyn
Hey...dont make me put down this chicken and put up my fists!!!!!!

Ally...what is UK for Bohemian? (cant wait for this one..LOL)

(insert pic of chicken thieving gypsy)

BoHunk

Deckhand
Ally...dont worry about Dixies threats...she is a airy-fairy. SHe gets her knickers in a knot when she is not in charge. She tends to get all argy-bargy.
It's a pity.....but no to worry...you know what they say about being all fur coat and no trousers!
(nudge nudge)

BoHunk

Deckhand
OK....Lesson #1....better kow some of this so we can talk to our new friends in the pub tonight...
Potty - This isn't just the thing you sit a toddler on - if you are potty it means you are a little crazy, a bit of a looney, one card short of a full deck.

Sod's law - This is another name for Murphy's law - whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.

Row - Rhymes with "cow" this means an argument. You might hear your Mum having a row with your Dad, or your neighbours might be rowing so loud you can hear them!

Pants - This is quite a new expression - I have no idea where it came from. Anyway, it is now quite trendy to say that something which is total crap is "pants". For instance you could say the last episode of a TV show was "total pants".