• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Topless Deck

Carolyn Jane

Deckhand
I have only seen it on Carnival (Fantasy). Not on Princess or Celebrity. Or Louis Lines...but they have nude beaches in the Med. Did sunbathe topless at Club Med. MANY years ago. CJ

Chucksta63

Deckhand
drew said:
My ex-wife use to use the topless decks, she would find it just way too cool and would always want me to sit there next to her... i just couldn't not spend my time looking around it was terrible :p
ROTFLMAO.....To funny Drew......:D :D :D

alphakitty

Deckhand
Hi Dave N Tari and Welcome to Cruising Talk. :)

No, Carnival did away with their topless decks. Most are now mini golf courses.

L

lancashire lass

I cannot remember any topless decks on my cruises. If its private its okay. Not my style at all but to each their own.

Cruisefan

Deckhand
A rue anecdote: when Micky was newly-wed he and his new beloved travelled to Europe. they also spend some time at the French Riviera, where lo-n-behold all the european ladies where sans le top! Mrs. newly Arison was not amused and urged Micky to leave this sodom and gommorah place!!!!
Indeed Topless is out (give the average age off the Passengers not a bad idea) however nudist cruises, especially full ship charter are on the rise.
Happy Cruising
Cruisefan

L

lancashire lass

A rue anecdote: when Micky was newly-wed he and his new beloved travelled to Europe. they also spend some time at the French Riviera, where lo-n-behold all the european ladies where sans le top! Mrs. newly Arison was not amused and urged Micky to leave this sodom and gommorah place!!!!
Indeed Topless is out (give the average age off the Passengers not a bad idea) however nudist cruises, especially full ship charter are on the rise.
Happy Cruising
Cruisefan
I had a little chuckle at your mention of the age of passengers :) At our club we have a lady of "above average age" who loves to lounge around the pool all summer in a thongy type suit. All the kids and some adults privately refer to her as " The Lizard Lady" she really is quite wrinkled and yet, I say good for her she swims and enjoys life . I would hate to meet her on a topless deck though :eek::eek:

Ally

Deckhand
I had a little chuckle at your mention of the age of passengers :) At our club we have a lady of "above average age" who loves to lounge around the pool all summer in a thongy type suit. All the kids and some adults privately refer to her as " The Lizard Lady" she really is quite wrinkled and yet, I say good for her she swims and enjoys life . I would hate to meet her on a topless deck though :eek::eek:
On my Costa Allegra cruise in 2010 there was an Italian lady, she was in her nineties...and she wore a thong type bikini that was maybe a size too big for her. She was a very slim lady anyway and the bikini was lime green......and lets just say that it showed alot more than it really should and left absolutely nothing to the imagination. I admired her for wearing it but oh heck...it wasn't really appropriate for a cruise ship with families on board...Allegra has one pool deck and she would pad around looking for the most sun and we had a few kids on board for the 31 night cruise and they weren't exactly kind with their remarks about her.....it wasn't pleasant tbh...

L

lancashire lass

Ally: I am imagining and laughing . Good way to start the day for sure.

Ally

Deckhand
Ally: I am imagining and laughing . Good way to start the day for sure.
No...no...Kathy...seriously...you do not want to imagine that sight......especially when she bent down over a lounger in your field of vision......:bigeek::bigeek:

Not a nice experience...but she obviously thought she looked wonderful and I was not about to burst her bubble.....:hoh:

Mrslinarcos

Deckhand
Wheeee. I'm not even going to try and imagine it. I lived in South FL and I can recall seeing a lot of seniors down there wearing something like that. Talk about being bold...

Ally

Deckhand
One thing I liked about the Costa Allegra and Victoria...they both have high level walkways around the top of the pool deck...made it look alot like a huge frying pan...with various sized sausages frying in oil.....and there were some..erm...shall we say...sights that caused a sharp intake of breath...:bigeek:

Some nationalities are obviously nowhere near as shy as others when it comes to frying themselves in oil (sunbathing)......:eek:

Mrslinarcos

Deckhand
So true, we all know the French side of St. Maarten is known for it's beaches. It makes you feel glad the planes land on the Dutch side and the beach is good.

L

lancashire lass

One thing I liked about the Costa Allegra and Victoria...they both have high level walkways around the top of the pool deck...made it look alot like a huge frying pan...with various sized sausages frying in oil.....and there were some..erm...shall we say...sights that caused a sharp intake of breath...:bigeek:

Some nationalities are obviously nowhere near as shy as others when it comes to frying themselves in oil (sunbathing)......:eek:
Laughing again:biggrinbounce2: the sausage reference did it. !!!

tjandluke

Deckhand
I do not go topless- I used to but that was before we became very sun aware here. It does not especially bother me either way as long as it is tastefully done. I have no issues with lying and sunning quietly whilst topless- but see no need to parade around. We live right on the beach here- topless bathing is not as popular now as it once was- due I think to the more aware we are of the sun damaging our skin.

I haven't seen one recently, but they always used to have what "insiders" and the show dancers called the "boob" deck. Why be shocked. If it bothers you. Don't go there.

Warner Athey

Deckhand
I was very surprised when I saw there was a topless deck! Carnival Cruise Line is a family cruise, I thought. Is this common? Are there topless decks on all cruise ships?
View attachment 4
I think they do this to accommodate European passengers. In Spain and France do not require women to wear bathing suit tops on the beach. If they take a cruise they may not have a top to put on. This gives them an area where they can still get a sun tan. It is only one area of the ship so if somebody doesn't like it all they have to do is stay out of that area. They still have the whole rest of the ship to rome around without getting offended.