• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The End !

Neil

Deckhand
It looks as if the voyage being taken by Saga Rose may have come to an end. :hoh:

This morning the AIS maps are showing her as having moved up the river towards Shanghai and now stopped in the area of the Jiangyin ship breaking yards.

Click on map for larger edition.
JIANGYIN.jpg

Neil

Deckhand
Crew Still On Board !

Having been able to make contact through a friend in Gibraltar with someone living in Shanghai I can confirm that Saga Rose is at the shipyard but no dismantling has started.

It appears all the crew still remain on board !

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Bamche

I am not expecting any photos from China as most of the Chinese ship breaking yards operate a very strict security system.

However it is always possible that some pictures will appear as happened when the ss Oriana was broken up in China in 2005.

Two of those pictures below --
04.07 Oriana  Demolition.jpg
04.07 Oriana Demolition  2.jpg

Bamche

Deckhand
Yes I expect so... Would have been nice to have a last picture of her before she is gone while Saga Rose is at the shipyard I mean...Before she's gone

Neil

Deckhand
To date no pictures of Saga Rose being broken up have appeared.

In China ship breaking it is often done behind locked gates although they say they do now meet all the health and safety regulations.