• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Photogallery

Ally

Deckhand
We now have a fully categorised gallery, reachable by clicking the tab near to the top of the homepage...:)

The categories are:

Cruise Lines - where all ships are listed individually by their company, an 'Other Ships' section where there are companies listed, river cruisers and freighter cruisers.

Ships from Yesteryear - a section dedicated to the old ladies of the sea, now departed or about to depart.

Homeports - a section for the starting and finishing points of your cruises, set up in countries/continents, its somewhere to put those terminal and port photo's.

Destinations - where did you go on your cruise, what sights did you see? This area of the gallery is set out by way of itinerary headings...such as Alaska or Mexican Riviera...cruise memories to share and to look back upon.

If there are any companies, homeport or destinations that you would like to have added, please do not hestitate to let me know :)

Ally

Deckhand
I have also added a family album section for photos of members, their families and friends :)

Ally

Deckhand
:banana: Just another not too subtle reminder that we could really do with some of your cruise memories in our gallery, please, so why not pop in there, take a look around and if you have some memories to share, do please post them :banana:

:bounce: Thank you! :bounce:

Ally

Deckhand
Oh and if anyone is not sure how to upload, don't worry, just ask and we can guide you or upload a photo for you if emailed to us :bounce:

Ally

Deckhand
How to upload your photo's into our gallery...

It can seem daunting and complicated but by following these simple steps, you should be able to do it....

1. Choose which category best suits the photo(s) that you wish to upload.

2. Click on that category and once the page opens, click on 'upload photos'.

3. You can upload 4 photos at a time, just click on 'browse' and that will open a small window to your computer's own memory. Click on each photo and then 'open' and it will automatically appear in one of the 4 slots on the gallery upload page. If only uploading one photo, use the title bar under the upload slots to give the photo a title and you can type a description for it too in the lower box. If you are uploading more than one at a time, you will get a chance to type titles/descriptions for each at the next stage.

4. Once you have transferred the photo information to the upload page, click 'upload/submit'. There maybe a wait as the photos are uploaded into the gallery from your computer memory. If uploading a single photo, you will be taken straight to the finished gallery entry, however if uploading more than one, you will be taken to the preview page where you can add titles and descriptions for each photo, you then click 'submit' and in a matter of seconds you will be taken to the gallery and see your photos in your chosen category.

If at all in doubt or if you get stuck, please do not hesitate to ask a member of the staff and we will come and help you :)

JSME

Deckhand
It is very easy to upload pictures Ally. I just had the one little mess up and put my first photo on the wrong thread or gallery.

middy

Deckhand
Help.
Been trying to upload photo's, says successful but does not take me to preview page and can't find them anywhere.

Ally

Deckhand
I uploaded this morning and it seemed OK...

OK..Middy can you try again for me please and I'll see if any errors show up.

middy

Deckhand
Same again uploaded, but cant find them. Didn't take to preview page but straight back to gallery.

Ally

Deckhand
OK...Middy, I know this sounds daft but can you tell me how you are uploading...the system is not showing any symptoms of a problem....

I am not doubting that you are doing it right, but I just want to be sure that there is nothing wrong..:)

middy

Deckhand
It's worked. Funny thing timer at bottom went from green one like on my browser to blue one, so must be my computer.

Ally

Deckhand
Good, glad its sorted for you Middy :thumb:

My computer plays games like that on me too...:veryangry:

Probably designed by a bloke ;)

Ally

Deckhand
Oh dear...it might be the weather...we have thunderstorms here at the moment...very strange. Keep trying Middy but if it gets too annoying leave it a while and if necessary, send them though and I'll upload for you, OK :)