• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Doc Dancing Thread

Elizanessie

Deckhand
Lets get the music on ...come on lets do the Doc Dance :banana:

Who will be the first member here to do the Doc Dance.....post your news and tell us how you felt when the package arrived.

Dont be shy ....what kind of dance do you do ? Is it a slow waltz round your house...holding your Docs close...or do you boogie and jump up and down :boldred:

Do you scream...."they're here"... perhaps to an empty house?

So folks.....post when you get your Docs....so we can all join in your excitement.:beerchug: :banana:

Ally

Deckhand
Finally...after a few phone calls by my TA, Phil......

My tickets have come...WOOOHOOO!!!!!

:banana: :boldred: :banana: :boldred:​

JSME

Deckhand
Woo Hoo for you Ally. You leave next Friday. What are your port of calls? I love the mini cruises. I have two booked next year.

JSME

Deckhand
Liz we all will have to post on here for our Freedom cruise to see who and when we all get the docs.

Ally

Deckhand
JSME said:
Woo Hoo for you Ally. You leave next Friday. What are your port of calls? I love the mini cruises. I have two booked next year.
I sail from Dover, then its Amsterdam on the Saturday, Sunday is Bremerhaven and then home on the Monday at Newcastle.

Not exactly exotic but its a chance to get away from it all and relax :bounce:

JSME

Deckhand
PagodaSwan said:
I sail from Dover, then its Amsterdam on the Saturday, Sunday is Bremerhaven and then home on the Monday at Newcastle.

Not exactly exotic but its a chance to get away from it all and relax :bounce:
Aye but it is very exciting to one who has never been to Europe. I really need to stop cruising for a short while and visit Europe. Maybe in a couple of summers I can do it.

Ally

Deckhand
You could always combine both pleasures and do European cruises, Selena. There are lots to choose from :bounce:

JSME

Deckhand
Yeah we are seriously thinking about it but air is so expensive. I am not sure if I could go to Europe without my kids. I mean I am not sure if I would ever get the chance to go back and I would feel bad about not going with them. It might be a once in a life time thing. As long as they live in the house I would feel bad about not taking them. So airfare alone would be the price of a cruise in the states then you add the cruise. Of course I would feel like I had to do excursion due to the ports I would go on. We are taking about a heck of money. Maybe someone I do not know will pass away and leave me enough to do this. lol Or I win the lottery as I mentioned earlier.

Ally

Deckhand
If you did a repositioning from Miami to Civitavecchia or something along those lines, you only need air one way and you get the taste of Europe. If you like what you see, then you could save up for a full Europe cruise later. The repositioning cruises are generally cheaper than 'proper' cruises...not that they aren't proper cruises but some people feel that they aren't.

Ally

Deckhand
Have to say that the folder which the tickets come in from Olsen is very smart :)

None of the usual clear plastic or paper stuff...I have a dark blue faux leather folder with embossed Fred Olsen cruise line name and crest on the front, luggage labels, programme of events and ticket enclosed. All very smart and something really nice to keep too :)

Very impressed :)

JSME

Deckhand
PagodaSwan said:
If you did a repositioning from Miami to Civitavecchia or something along those lines, you only need air one way and you get the taste of Europe. If you like what you see, then you could save up for a full Europe cruise later. The repositioning cruises are generally cheaper than 'proper' cruises...not that they aren't proper cruises but some people feel that they aren't.

I have seriously thought of doing this but most repos are when I can not do them due to my work schedule.

Ally when is a good month to cruise in Europe? I do not like it HOT and I would not want to go when it is cold. Any suggestions. I could handle the hot over the cold though.

Ally that folder does sound nice. It is smart of them to use something you can keep and see over and over making you want to go back on another cruise with them!

Ally

Deckhand
The best times for Europe if you want to avoid the crush and the hot weather would be April/May/June or September/October. That will avoid the main European school holidays and the mad summer season too :)

The folders come with each cruise that you take, so I shall be having another 2 next year and at least another one in 2008 :)

Elizanessie

Deckhand
Selena

For the Med/Europe...I would say....cruise in June or September.

July and august are hot and Med cruises are very port intensive....also the schools are on holiday then.

I have picked Sept for ours next year on the Navigator.

Ally .....have you remembered to pack your passport ?

Only another few months and we will be able to do a big conga Doc dance.

Ally

Deckhand
No I haven't packed the passport Lizzie...its in my bag instead :smilewinkgrin: :biglaugh: :wrazz: :bigrazz:

Ally

Deckhand
I have dug this thread out of the archives....just cos I can and cos I have my train tickets for my cruise next month, so that is a reason for doing the partial doc dance :joy: :joy: :dancing_banana: :joy: :joy:

middy

Deckhand
Well I'm doing a full Doc dance :biggrinbounce2:

:dancing_banana: :dancing_banana: :dancing_banana:

Ally

Deckhand
I have my flight number and time of departure, my train tickets and I am all packed. The plane ticket and cruise docs should be with me around the end of February/beginning of March :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

alphakitty

Deckhand
Well heck! I didn't know we had a Doc dancing thread. :) I can Doc dance.....they've been in for a couple of weeks, but I'm still dancing. LOL

:dancing_banana: :dancing_banana: :biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2: