• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

BoHunk

Deckhand
If I could retire anywhere..it would be to the east where I could go to the beach.....that would be very cool!

Its also one of the trips I hope to make someday with Rickie....so much to see in the world.....:biggrinbounce2:

FlRic

Deckhand
BoHunk, I've got bad news for you. Out East they go to the beach but they do not go in the water because it is very cold! Now, down here in Paradise the Gulf is like 88-89 degrees and because it is salt water you can float in it all day and get rid of all your aches and pains. Of course, you do have to keep an eye for an errant shark or the jellyfish or the manta rays but hey, they were possibly here first (just floating about to get rid of Their aches and pains)!
Good mornin' y'all. Just discovered something is wrong with our phones so I will have to tear apart the garage to get to the battery backup or go out and buy new phones which the more I think about tearing up the shelving to get to the batteries is sounding like a better idea........:bigeek:

BoHunk

Deckhand
Yea..I guess your right. But its so danged hot in Florida in the summer...are you not trapped in the hosue from heat as we are for cold during our more unfavorable season?

I just thought that at least out east you can drive somewhere! Anywhere! If my Rick and I wnated to drive for 8 hours..we would still be nowhere! Yea..we could get to Chicago..thats about it...
So air is required for any trip other than to visit corn plants....
Its so bad here that we have corn mazes for entertainment! :eek:

I would love to move...but as with many...job moves are not fun....

FlRic

Deckhand
If we drive for 8 hours we are still in the Glorious Southland. Don't forget, Floriduh is the 4th. largest state so it's quite a drive from one end to the other. On the other hand, from side to side is a quickie.......
It's hot in the summer but we are close to the coast so we almost always have a delightful sea breeze to keep us cool as we sip our drinks on the lanai. Everything down here is air conditioned so summer is no big deal.

alphakitty

Deckhand
BoHunk, I've got bad news for you. Out East they go to the beach but they do not go in the water because it is very cold! Now, down here in Paradise the Gulf is like 88-89 degrees and because it is salt water you can float in it all day and get rid of all your aches and pains. Of course, you do have to keep an eye for an errant shark or the jellyfish or the manta rays but hey, they were possibly here first (just floating about to get rid of Their aches and pains)!
Good mornin' y'all. Just discovered something is wrong with our phones so I will have to tear apart the garage to get to the battery backup or go out and buy new phones which the more I think about tearing up the shelving to get to the batteries is sounding like a better idea........:bigeek:

Oh Rick...that is SO not true! LOL Plenty of people, myself included go swimming in the water all the time.....we don't think it's cold...it's refreshing! It's fine to swim in at 68-72 or so, just not a bathtub. :biggrinbounce2:

Come on out Karyn....August gives the ocean a bit of time to warm up.

BoHunk

Deckhand
I was up on Lake Superior this summer..,it was 95 degrees out but the water was cold.....I went to the beach and dipped my fat toe in and then left....:eek:

alphakitty

Deckhand
LOL If I drive for 45 minutes south, I'm in CT...5 minutes north and I'm in Mass. It IS little Rhody afterall. ;)

I love it here...there is so much to do....we can be in the mountains in NH in 2 hours, the ocean in less than 1, NYC in 3...Boston in just under 1. We are on the road all the time, finding someplace new to explore. The coastal towns are great, the history of colonial days in Boston and surrounding areas. We don't stay home much cause there is so much to do. the foliage in fall is breathtaking along the Mohawk Trail and the Berkshires. There is no end to stuff to do.

Then there is winter. LOL

FlRic

Deckhand
Yeah Mary, then there is winter!!!!
68-72 degrees is waaaay too cold for me to go swimming. In the "winter" down here the pool is heated to 85 degrees. Now on the other hand 68 degrees is just about right for serving red wine, course that's too cold for any room I intend to be in. We keep our air conditioning in the summer set at 78 degrees!

alphakitty

Deckhand
It's too cold for my hubby too...and he's from Michigan and spent 23 years in the Navy, but he doesn't like water much...go figure. LOLOL

BoHunk

Deckhand
Hi Ally...
Goodmorning Beth! How ya both doing? I can hardly ever catch you...your a busy person.
Life is good here...only working one shift today..
Just struggling as to what to make for supper....

Ally

Deckhand
Ello Karyn :)

I am battling with ejit again today...he is being a right spoilt brat today. Playing music too loud, screaming abuse at me through the floor and out of his windows, banging on his lounge floor like an idiot.....and to think he is sposed to be older than I am...very mature, not :rolleyes:

alphakitty

Deckhand
Good morning everyone :)

Ally...sorry ejit is acting up today. :(

Karyn...I'm making ham steaks, potato salad and asparagus for dinner tonight. Easy peasy. :)