• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

Ally

Deckhand
I am fine thanks Beth :)

Building the new sites up ready to launch onto an unsuspecting world....although if you click the links below, you will still be able to visit them and/or register, they are just in basic software mode at the moment, not colourful like this site :)

Not sure when the rugrats go back to school here...can't be soon enough though...they annoy me no end :(

Floflegs

Deckhand
Bowling widow today as DH is playing in an all day tournament. I've been to church so will now relax with the Sunday papers.

Ally

Deckhand
Hiya Flo :)

I am sat doing the newbuild sites while listening to Native American music and then it will be Gregorian Chants (Enigma) :)

clearbluedaze

Deckhand
I am fine thanks Beth :)

Building the new sites up ready to launch onto an unsuspecting world....although if you click the links below, you will still be able to visit them and/or register, they are just in basic software mode at the moment, not colourful like this site :)

Not sure when the rugrats go back to school here...can't be soon enough though...they annoy me no end :(
I know what that's like. Do you plan to skin them once you set the structure up or are you going to wait until you build up members? I find on our forums that occasionally changing the skin keeps it fresh for users, also we try to add new features from time to time.

Ally

Deckhand
I know what that's like. Do you plan to skin them once you set the structure up or are you going to wait until you build up members? I find on our forums that occasionally changing the skin keeps it fresh for users, also we try to add new features from time to time.
Enrique has new skins in the pipeline for several of the sites, Beth. At the moment I am just filling the sections out, took me all day yesterday to get the basics in on 4 newbuilds...Paddling (canoes, kayaks & rafts), Corvette, Acura and Aquarium (freshwater, marine and ponds). I use the same layout for each one and just dress it out according to subject. Tbh I have not had so much fun in ages...it's a great way to spend the day really cos I get to use my own imagination on things :)

Ally

Deckhand
Oh absolutely :)

You have to be careful though with skins...especially with the colours that you choose. I have to admit to preferring subtle and pastel shades to the bold 'in your face' colourschemes.

clearbluedaze

Deckhand
I agree. Subtle is easier on the eyes, also more graphics = longer load time. Not a concern as much on a new forum, but with growth it sure can be.

Ally

Deckhand
On Saturn we have a problem like that. The site was purchased as a going concern by Enrique and transferred from one software type to another. On the old site, they were allowed huge sig pics and hotlinked images in posts...we won't have that for loading reasons...some are a bit niggled by that, but there ya go :rolleyes:

clearbluedaze

Deckhand
We had to do away with images in signatures as well. I have to restrict images in threads though. We do use avatars, and profile images if users like them.

Ally

Deckhand
I have been off dial-ip for a couple years now, it surprises me just how many are still using it though...and those on broadband often tend to forget that not everyone has it.

Another thing that I am making sure of on all 3 car sites is that we have disclaimers everywhere about advice given by members not being our problem if anything goes wrong and also to remind members to blank out registration/id plates on cars before uploading images of their pride and joy.

alphakitty

Deckhand
Good morning folks! Phil...I'd love to see the pics of OCC. Love those guys and that show. I just watched Wild Hogs, the movie, the other night and Paul Sr. and Paul Jr. did a cameo in that movie.

Sorry to hear your weather wasn't good on holiday though.

Margie....keep the row boat handy! ;) Hope things get better.

BTW Ally...I noticed "PaddleTalk" on your list...is that a British site? ;):laughalot: :whip: