• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

FlRic

Deckhand
Good night Ally. Sorry, but you won't see me on the new sites (now just stop that jumping for joy!) But I'm too old for jetskying, too smart for RVing, and I don't have a Saturn although I do have a Hyundai!

alphakitty

Deckhand
Hi Flo...wow, I'm tired just reading that. Still early here...just had coffee and watching the news on Jamaica. Not much news yet.

clearbluedaze

Deckhand
Rainy here today but no complaints - we need it. Maybe a mug of hot tea is in order...dreary weather you know....

So what did everyone do this weekend?

alphakitty

Deckhand
Morning Beth. This weekend, I took my granddaughter to the zoo on Saturday and just hung out on Sunday. Quiet weekend. We are usually busier on weekends though. I like to be out and about, playing tourist in my own back yard. How about you?

FlRic

Deckhand
Mary, we love our new Sonata!!Afterall the car is put together here in the States so it isn't a matter a quality just a preception that being Korean it must be cheaply made. Tis a shame but then again for those of us who have them....we KNOW better.
:)

BoHunk

Deckhand
Morning all....This was my weekend off. On saturday Rick and I just bummed around..rented a movie, had a bite of lunch out. Sears...nothing big.
On sunday we went to the farmers market. Got some fruits and veggies. Ohh....found some hedge balls for the basement....
I worked a late shift for overtime last evening....
It has rained for 4 days. Parts of Minnesota got 7-8 inches and there was floodign. Its still raining now. Personally...I love it!

alphakitty

Deckhand
Good morning Rick and Karyn.

Rick...I love my Sonata too! :)

Karyn....I saw flooding in your neck of the woods. What is a hedge ball???:idontknow:

BoHunk

Deckhand
Some folks call thema hedge apple....google it. Its a ugle fruit that you cant eat but you put one in each room in the basement and you dont get spiders in your house...

FlRic

Deckhand
I didn't know that about hedge apples vis a vis spiders. Kay use to make necklaces out of slices of them that had been baked. This was servral years ago when that was very popular in Illinois.:rolleyes:

BoHunk

Deckhand
Yea...they are not a eating fruit...but wont harm peeps or pets....they were palneted by farmers in the 1800 around farms as a natural fence..then noted that those fileds had few pests....
Popular now as pest control....

clearbluedaze

Deckhand
Morning Beth. This weekend, I took my granddaughter to the zoo on Saturday and just hung out on Sunday. Quiet weekend. We are usually busier on weekends though. I like to be out and about, playing tourist in my own back yard. How about you?
Now that's something I have not done in a long time...a trip to the zoo. We're near the National zoo. I should go see the Pandas or something.

We have a renaissance festival here that is wonderful. That's next on the list. It's just good fun being a bawdy wench! Maryland Renaissance Festival If you are renfest lover, you might want to come to see this one.

BoHunk

Deckhand
We have a renaissance fest here as well. Very large and fun. Lots of goods for sale and acts to watch. It runs every weeknd from Mid August thru the end of sept...We have a permanent village set up for it..
Also..our state fair stats this thur and runs through Labor day....
Fall is coming quickly.....

clearbluedaze

Deckhand
Yes, it is! For us, we hope the good weather lasts a loooong time before the cold is here.

We have a permanent village set up too. Way cool stuff.

alphakitty

Deckhand
We have a renfair here too....King Richard's Faire. Love it, we go most every year...it's fun to dress up too....I can be a lusty wench for a day! ROFL