• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

alphakitty

Deckhand
I can see where if you had a room that was 220 sq ft and the kids were in a 160 sq ft. It would be a BIG difference. The 185 is average, but there are a few rooms that are different. There are some 1a's that people love cause though they are labeled as insides, at an inside price, they really have 2 portholes and are bigger. :)

BoHunk

Deckhand
OK..I buy that the Fantasy rooms were tight. We had 2 pull downs so 4 per the room.

But....On the Valor???really??? the appearance is so different....
Do some rooms get bigger if you add more people? I know womone going on an inside on the Triumph with 3 kids....

alphakitty

Deckhand
It really does depend on the room. There are a few here and there that are larger than the average room. Handicapped ready rooms are also set up different and are larger than regular rooms.

BoHunk

Deckhand
I just called Carnival and they said that the inside is the same size as the Balconies...
The only exceptions are the handicapped rooms and the Cat 5 rooms..and OV...

Ally

Deckhand
Had a bit of a shock to the system this morning :(

A few years ago I used to operate tour coaches and would frequently be chartered by another coach operator, Robinson's Holidays, and take passengers on 7 day holidays to Cornwall in SW England. The hotel we used to stay in was the Penhallow. It was a nice hotel, not flash but comfy and very popular. I got to know the owners and staff well and met many other coach drivers/couriers too, most of whom I have stayed in touch with since leaving the business.

Last night tragedy hit the Penhallow. The hotel caught fire and has been completely destroyed. One person is confirmed killed and 6 unaccounted for.

Cornwall hotel fire death toll to rise - Telegraph

One of Robinson's own coaches was at the hotel and a driver was staying there. I don't know who the driver was and I know that they would have made sure that everyone was safe before they themselves left the building. It was a dreadful fire, the building has had to be demolished before the fire is fully out and before a search for the 6 missing can be started. Seeing the photos's makes my blood run cold. It was the biggests fear I had when in the business, especially as the parties were usually people over 70 years old and limited mobility.

:(

Floflegs

Deckhand
What a dreadful fire, Ally. It makes it worse when you know the place.
What a day today. It has poured since before we got up and is still pouring. We are going out tonight for a nice Italian meal. I think we'll be swimming there. The mixed pairs competition at the bowling has been cancelled for the second time today. Must go and check my baking. I'm on the teas at church tomorrow so have to take sandwiches and goodies. I've made some wee buns and a Belgian loaf.

alphakitty

Deckhand
Finally got to the zoo today with our granddaughter. It was a beautiful sunny, breezy 70's day. Lots of animals active, errrm, especially the zebra.....my granddaughter (8), says...."that one's a boy" ROFL yep....that was certain.
Saw a baby giraffe too...very cute, 3 weeks old.

middy

Deckhand
Good morning from a damp and dreary UK :(
I have been banned from the spring cleaning today,:bigeek: Chris says he would be better doing it by himself so I'm left to do the cooking and play on the computer. I'm so upset not :)
Mary what exactly was that boy Zebra doing?

middy

Deckhand
Hey spring cleaning Chris has turned up key cards and pocket guide to the Edinburgh Castle ( R.I.P) wonder what else he will find. Know I have a complete set of menus of evening meals somewhere but never been able to find them.

madge57

Deckhand
Hey Middy when he gets dond cleaning can he come over and help me find my bus keys??? I need them by Wednesday its the first day of school. I told Gary that I was putting them in a place that I would remember where they were and now I have forgot where I put them. I have searched everywhere!!!!