• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

Ally

Deckhand
Usually they have a look down the ears, pick out and seeds etc then its ear drops for a week or so to stave off any infection already there and prevent further infections.

BoHunk

Deckhand
Thanks for the advise....I think my vet has some evening hours....he is not shaking his ears now but did all night...

Ally

Deckhand
Better be safe than sorry...it's 'orrible having a tickle in the ear and not being able to get rid of it. One of my Rotties used to cry sometimes cos it irritated him so much.

alphakitty

Deckhand
I clean my cats ears...LOL It's amazing how dirty they get. Ear mites can be a problem for cats, not sure about dogs though. If it looks all black and icky, I know she's got mites. Have to put drops in then.

Ally

Deckhand
I clean my cats ears...LOL It's amazing how dirty they get. Ear mites can be a problem for cats, not sure about dogs though. If it looks all black and icky, I know she's got mites. Have to put drops in then.
Dogs have the same problems too, Mary. It was often a bit of a fight to clean the dogs ears out, and as they were all bigger than I was, I delegated the job to the vet.

alphakitty

Deckhand
I just want to say it's a most splendiforous day here in Rhode Island...it's about as perfect as they come....65 degrees and the bluest sky there ever was! I went out for a nice walk, "chatted" with Sparky the dog next door, and a few cats along the way. LOL

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
great day here too... 70 degrees... out on my deck with laptop and telephone....but about to get ready for another funeral....
have a great day everyone

madge57

Deckhand
My golden shakes his head. He does have an infection. Its hard to keep his ear infection clear because he goes into the pond and tries to catch bluegills.He sticks his entire head in the water to get the fish and he usually does catch them. so I keep putting ear drops in his ears constantly.