• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

Pheebs

Deckhand
Thanks, I should have posted it in the other forum really :) glad it got noticed.

It is strange, the last image I see on this thread is before Christmas, but that is as an attached image, maybe the others are embedded into the body of the message, that might be the difference? I want to see the baby and the cat! :p Congrats on both counts!

Pam in CA

Captain
Pheebs, not sure why you're not seeing the photos. :( Have you tried deleting all of your temporary files and everything from cache? Are you using the latest version of IE or whatever program you use? If you use IE, see if you can view in Firefox. Or Google Chrome. Or vice versa. If you have a Mac, try using Firefox. I've found that better than IE or through AOL on the Mac. I have an iPhone and using Tapatalk, can see the photos even now so I know they're there.

PEB

Captain
Staff member
I spent some time looking at cruise video's yesterday and some so far this morning. I am really starting to get the itch for my cruise coming up this coming summer. The waiting is the worst well second worst the end of the cruise is the worst.

Pheebs

Deckhand
Evening :)

Just logging on via my phone and exactly the same problem! no difference whether logged in or guest. I usually use Firefox as my main browser and had cleared the cache etc, before then trying both Chrome and IE. Strange huh?! I'll give the iPad a try tomorrow on both 3G and the wi-fi see if it makes any difference :sherlock:

Pheebs

Deckhand
nopictures.JPG Tried again this time with the iPad still nothing! I don't have Tapatalk but I'm not downloading it as it isn't my iPad to do so hehe. But still no difference, I put it on 3G to see if it was my usual internet connection or something weird, made no difference... so this is what I am seeing...
nopictures.JPG

Now whether I will see this picture is another thing :p hmmmm I see the preview!!!

Pheebs

Deckhand
Ok first I put it as a thumbnail and I saw it, then as a full image and it vanishes...... mysterioussss! But I see everything in the preview of my post (sorry about the mess now!)

Re the thumbnail, if I click on it it doesn't appear bigger when I click on it

Pam in CA

Captain
Happy Easter or Passover, as appropriate.

We're having an extended family indoor/outdoor barbecue/pot luck brunch on Sunday. My requested contribution is deviled eggs which everyone seems to like. I put a dollop of Chinese mustard into the mixture which gives it a bit of a zing. :)

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Pam

Staying in the warm here in the UK.

The highest temperature over the weekend is expected to be about 3 c in my area which is just thirty miles north of London ! :(

We also have snow showers forecast. :oops:

Hope you have a great time.

Pam in CA

Captain
Neil, that's why I moved from New England to southern CA almost six years ago. I got tired of the long winters, snow, ice and cold temps from October through April. From my patio, I can see the mountains about 50 miles away with snow on them. That's as close as I want to get. :) I'm about two miles inland from Laguna Beach which almost has a different climate. It can be foggy and chilly there for days at a time but sunny and 10 degrees warmer here at this time of the year. I'm still close enough to get the ocean breeze so it rarely gets hot in the summer. We'll be in Laguna tomorrow so I'll need to dress warmly.

jack100

Deckhand
So the Rolling Stones are on tour again
They announced a show in Hyde Park London for July 6th and tickets sold out in minutes
A second date is to be July 13th and tickets go on sale for the public on April 12th.
Also announced are dates in the USA for cities of Los Angeles, Boston & Philadelphia
They say over 1000 tickets at each venue will be at the low price of $85 including service charges
Why is it that prices for the concerts in the USA are lower than in the UK
$85 = about £57
Hyde Park London = £94
seems so unfair

Pam in CA

Captain
So the Rolling Stones are on tour again
They announced a show in Hyde Park London for July 6th and tickets sold out in minutes
A second date is to be July 13th and tickets go on sale for the public on April 12th.
Also announced are dates in the USA for cities of Los Angeles, Boston & Philadelphia
They say over 1000 tickets at each venue will be at the low price of $85 including service charges
Why is it that prices for the concerts in the USA are lower than in the UK
$85 = about £57
Hyde Park London = £94
seems so unfair
Have no idea. It's probably up to the promoter or perhaps a difference venue costs. Can't get no satisfaction. :)

PEB

Captain
Staff member
Another big snow storm is heading our way today. The winds are already hitting around 50 miles per hour. The snow is just south of us now with many schools closing and is supposed to hit us within the next two hours. I guess it is a good thing I did not put the snowblower away yet.

PEB

Captain
Staff member
I spent a good portion of today clearing snow from the snow storm we had. The snow was extremely wet and heavy. That makes the snow great for snowmen and snowballs but not good for clearing. For clearing it just shows me how old I am LOL. Heavy snow here is called heartattache snow. Many elderly wind up with heartattaches clearing this type of snow. Oh well I survived so now I am ready for the next storm that is supposed to hit in two days.

PEB

Captain
Staff member
I have spent several hours in the last few days watching videos on the internet about cruising. Many of the videos were videos that former passengers made about various cruise tips. Many of the videos were made by crewmembers about life working on a cruise ship. I find them very interesting. Some I learn things from some just make me wish I was back working on the cruise ships.

jack100

Deckhand
Royal Baby.......

The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a boy
The baby was born at 4:24 pm
The official announcement was made about 4 hours later
The Duke of Cambridge ( Prince William ) was present at the birth
The new royal baby will be the Queen's third great-grandchild
He will be 3rd in line to the throne.
The official notice of the birth was put on a gold-coloured easel on the gravel outside Buckingham Palace.
Lots of people are celebrating outside Buckingham Palace.

Pam in CA

Captain
I'll never understand why people care so much about this stuff...
For shame! A lot of people are interested. :) Not much different from reading about or paying attention to the antics of so-called "celebrities" who usually don't have enough common sense or decency to fill a thimble. I can't imagine why anyone cares a fig about Justin Beiber or Amanda Bynes. :)