• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

Pam in CA

Captain
Very cold (for us) and rainy. Temps in the 50's when normal is about 70. Woke up at 4am to pounding rain on the roof. It was sunny for a little while but now it's very dark and gloomy. :(

Pam in CA

Captain
Sunny and beautiful today. My grandnephew was born at 1:54am, December 14th, 2012; 8-lbs 1-oz 19". I'll go over later this morning to see James Alfredo. Big boy.

Neil

Deckhand
Had a busy week with our companies decorating work and getting jobs finished before the christmas break.

Weather has been milder with a high temperature of about 10 c or 50 f but we have also been having some rain.

Neil

Deckhand
Has everyone has got all their Christmas shopping done ?

The roads in our part of the UK have been much busier today with shoppers out getting their last items.

What ever you have planned hope you all have a great time.

CHRISTMAS 21.jpg

Pam in CA

Captain
I've got most of it done. Just have to go to the Dollar Store for stocking stuffers.

It's going to be a different Christmas for us, very low key. My nephew's fiancé just had their baby a week ago, three weeks early. Mother and baby are fine but they are still adjusting to a life change and "everything revolving around the baby." :)

We're going to friends for their annual Christmas open house in the morning and having a family Christmas get-together late afternoon. My daughter and I will have our own Christmas on Christmas Eve.

I still haven't gotten used to Christmas lights on palm trees and celebrating Christmas outside with just a light sweater. If you see the movie "This is 40" (just released), you'll see what I mean. It was filmed here and you see the Christmas tree decorated but everyone in shorts and tank tops. :)

Pam in CA

Captain
Here I am holding my sister's grandson last night. James Alfredo was born three weeks early a couple of weeks ago but was a big boy at over 8-lb. Had a wonderful (and merry) Christmas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356547089.823278.jpg

Neil

Deckhand
Happy New Year from Bedfordshire, in the UK, to all my friends.

Although we had a mild spell over Christmas and the New Year temperatures have dropped to about 5c / 41 f today.

The forecast is for snow showers at the weekend. :(

Pam in CA

Captain
Glad to see you back, Neil. We're having an unusual cold snap and the high today will be in the mid-50's. That's very cold for us. It was 70 yesterday.

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Pam

It has gone even colder in my part of the UK over the last couple of days with snow falling on Sunday night and still laying today. :(

Temperature today is expected to be just 1 c and forecast as dropping to about - 7 c tonight !

As we do not get visited by the gritting lorries where I live our road is like a skating rink today. o_O

Pam in CA

Captain
Wow! We've just had among the coldest days on record. It was down to about 30 (F) last night. The oranges are freezing. It's supposed to warm up over the next few days. I have a brand new car that came with heated seats. I thought I'd never use them but, boy, they sure were nice yesterday. :)

Neil

Deckhand
After a week of very cold weather and snow since Sunday it has warmed up again.

We had a high of 11 c today.

There has been a fair amount of rain but in my area of the UK we do not suffer with flooding.

Long range weather forecast is for a drop in temperature again over the coming weekend. :(

Pam in CA

Captain
Neil, another sunny, gorgeous day here today. Gonna be in the mid-70's. So glad I moved here from cold, freezing New England.
And another day just like yesterday. I never get tired of this weather and don't long for the seasons: welcome to Laguna Beach
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359757592.548885.jpg

Pam in CA

Captain
On Saturday, I adopted a 6-yo cat named Sophia. She's a sweetheart and a lovebug, and gets along great with my older cat, Sandy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360022809.549623.jpg

Pheebs

Deckhand
For some reason images appear not to be showing on the forum for me o_O Some older ones are fine but recent postings I get nothing, well apart from a broken picture or red cross in whichever browser I use.

Avatars etc work fine just no pics :drama: feel I am missing out!

PEB

Captain
Staff member
Pheebs Rex is checking into your problem of images showing up. Hopefully he can figure something out and make things bettter for your posting and reading experience on the board. Just know your message was not missed.