• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

Pam in CA

Captain
BA cattle class is abysmal...the cabin crew are always so flipping miserable...
Even in Business/First, they are miserable. Nasty, supercilious twits. I was on a 10-hour flight from LAX to LHR and after dinner, decided to turn out the light and try to sleep. No dessert or coffee. I was sound asleep (unusual for me on a plane) with the light out and blanket over my head and one of them shakes me awake, asking if I wanted coffee. I was wide awake for the rest of the flight. Idiot.

Ally

Deckhand
Even in Business/First, they are miserable. Nasty, supercilious twits. I was on a 10-hour flight from LAX to LHR and after dinner, decided to turn out the light and try to sleep. No dessert or coffee. I was sound asleep (unusual for me on a plane) with the light out and blanket over my head and one of them shakes me awake, asking if I wanted coffee. I was wide awake for the rest of the flight. Idiot.
Now that would have annoyed me soooo much....some of them just do not "get" that pax might want to sleep on a flight.....that was just bang out of order Pam...but sadly typical for Bloody Awful :(

Ally

Deckhand
Good morning & happy Monday peeps :)

Another...dare I say it...soggy start to the week here in Yorkshire :)

After a seriously lazy day yesterday (welllll...it was Sunday afterall)...I be up with the larks this morning, trying to convince myself to get motivated and do what needs doing here at home....thinking a couple of warmed sweet mince pies might do the trick ;)

Have a great day peeps :)

Ally

Deckhand
Good morning peeps :)

Woke up at silly o'clock today for some reason, so did some online stuff that needed doing...such as order my last batch of Euro's for my trip :)

Hope that everyone is tickety-boo and enjoying the week so far :)

Have a wonderfububbly day wherever you maybe :)

Neil

Deckhand
We have cold and wet weather in my part of the UK today. :eek:

Temperatures are only expected to reach about 7c and the rain has been falling all the morning.

Although some parts of the UK are having flooding problems, with rivers bursting their banks, we are OK where I live.

Pam in CA

Captain
Overcast this morning with a "marine layer." It'll clear up and be about 71-degrees. Going to a crochet class this morning to make a lacy scarf. :)

Ally

Deckhand
Good morning peeps :)

Another cold but for once dry start here in North Yorkshire :)

Got the heating engineers coming today to service the boiler and radiators...hopefully it won't take too long.

Have a great day wherever you are and whatever you are geting upto :)

Pam in CA

Captain
Had a busy day today. Went car shopping. I didn't expect it to take all day, but it did by the time I asked questions, took a car for a test drive, went over the financials, etc. Made a decision and I'm picking up my new Acura RDX tomorrow. :)

Ally

Deckhand
Good morning peeps from frosty Yorkshire :)

No rain as yet today, though we are being threatened with it by the weatherman, a frosty and chilly start here at minus 2 degrees...

Hope that everyone is ticketyboo and having a wonderfububbly week so far :)

Rex

Captain
Staff member
Had a busy day today. Went car shopping. I didn't expect it to take all day, but it did by the time I asked questions, took a car for a test drive, went over the financials, etc. Made a decision and I'm picking up my new Acura RDX tomorrow. :)
Great choice. I really do like Acura's although I've never owned one.

KeithnRita

Deckhand
With our little family mfg plant just winding down a line expansion project as a subcontractor for a Honda plant, we say good choice!

Pam in CA

Captain
Thanks! I had an Acura RSX Type-S before my current car and loved it. It was a really hot car for an old lady like me. :) Meeting my daughter for brunch and then we're going over to pick up the car. (I'm trading in her car for the RDX and she's getting my BMW.)

Ally

Deckhand
Not owned a car for a few years now, since the stroke....I really miss not being able to just take off somewhere as/when I please. Having said that, I certainly do not miss the petrol and other costs...we are currently around £1.80/$2.88 a litre over here..

My last car that I actually drove was a Toyota Supra turbo 3 litre, I also had a BMW 635 that I wanted to restore but that went pearshaped and both cars went to new owners...the Supra lasted less than a week with its new owner, they wrapped it around a pine tree in Wales...they got out fine but the car was killed off.