• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

BooBoos Mum

Deckhand
Well as another one goes off into the sunset cruising having a brill time i now have to see if the middle son & family are coming with us next year on the Opera ..i know that will be 3 times on that ship if we go but i like the ittenary & if they don't go i'm taking their little girl anyway :) ,dry day today :eek:

Ontariotrekker

Deckhand
Hello Everyone - Gord and I are now back from our land cruise down the Canada/US Pacific Coast. We had a great time - logged over 16, 000 kms by air and car and are very glad to be back to home cooking, even if I have to cook it myself.:)

Hope everyone has been well and look forward to catching up on all this blog activity I've missed. - take care Shar

BooBoos Mum

Deckhand
Sounds like someone did a few miles :) .....we did a few miles on the buses yesterday went to Blackpool ....it took 4 hours to get there it was like going all the way down to Southampton for a cruise ..i wanted to try it without spending any money well i have to get my money for my next cruise somehow & it was free travelling :) have a good day everyone

John

Deckhand
Hello all

It's been a while since I have been here. Hope everyone is OK.

Middy You have a great cruise lined up in The Baltics. We did it last year on Emerald Princess. The cities you visit are all beautiful.

middy

Deckhand
Hiya John :)

How's things ? Have you finished all those exams now ?

Really looking forward to the Baltic cruise as it's one area not been to before. Chris has been perusing the tours, I'm waiting on booking them though as I work with a Russian Doctor at the minute and she's gonna advise me in regards the St Petersburg tours.

Say hello to Mary for me :)

John

Deckhand
H Middy

All the exams finished and all passed. I have some qualifications I didn't think I would achieve at my age. Now doing further study, a glutton for punishment,

You will love St Petersburg. You must see the Summer & Winter Palaces plus Catherine's Palace. They are the must sees.

middy

Deckhand
Glad to hear you passed John :) Sounds like you have the bug now.
Thinking of getting around to a degree myself, need another avenue that's a little gentler on my ageing back, now that with the changes I have another 17 years to work..

middy

Deckhand
I don't think I have the bug, I think i must be an idiot.:roflmao:
Can't be an idiot otherwise you wouldn't have passed.
Dan's hoping to go to Uni in the Autumn, says I'm only thinking of doing a degree so that he won't be able to say I'm more qualified than you. Will take him 3 years whilst because of prior learning will take me 1.

John

Deckhand
A year doesn't seem long, but is when you have your head in the book. But it would be nice to have one up on Dan.:)

How is Chris doing?

middy

Deckhand
Dan's biting his nails waiting for his results at the minute. :rolleyes: He did an adult access to Uni course.
Chris is fine, currently at work, doesn't finish till about nine.:crap:
We never seem to get our off duty to match. Or maybe he's trying to avoid me :laughalot:

Whens your next cruise ?

John

Deckhand
Our next cruise is on Jewel of the Sea to New England in October. Then we have another one booked April on Indy, transatlantic from Ft Lauderdale to Southampton.

middy

Deckhand
Chris was mentioning a transatlantic on Indy the other day. Not sure which way he was talking about, will ask him when he gets home.
After August I have to find a good place for the two little men for when we cruise, as Dan won't be available for dog sitting.

middy

Deckhand
Hi BooBoos Mum. :)
Have added your trip on bon voyage thread. Not long for you to wait.:)
Hope they still do that thing where they prepare one of all the dishes they serve at dinner. You can see them as you enter through one of the doors. Certainly helps you make your choice.:)

BooBoos Mum

Deckhand
Hi middy thankyou for putting me on the list .....have you been on Ocean Countess iv'e been wanting to try her since last year as she looks the older creaky style of ship :)