• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The CruisingTalk Coffeeshop

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Middy

Can we have a copy of your menu the day before. :hoh:

Might then decide if it is worth a quick visit to Lancashire for something to eat ! :cool:

Neil

Deckhand
Good Morning everyone. :)

Luton is basking in sunshine this morning after a small amount of overnight rain.

We have a high temperature of 75 f or about 24 c forecast for today.

alphakitty

Deckhand
Good morning...it is hot, hot, hot here....too hot to sit in this room with no A/C as it was yesterday. I probably won't be around much until it cools off! :)

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Mary

Sorry to hear you are sweltering.

Although we had it hot during the daytime it has now cooled off for the evening.

Hope you managed to have a swim today.

Will be retiring tonight about 22.30 hrs UK time.

alphakitty

Deckhand
Hi all...cooling off as night has fallen...still 75F though and was up over 90F today...humid too, so feels very bad.

Hi Neil...I did manage to get to the pool...will go again in the morning too. :)

Neil

Deckhand
Good morning everybody from a sunny Luton.

High temperature of about 72 f is expected today but they have forecast showers for later in the day.

On the UK news there has been reports of a Maltese registered cargo ship that has vanished in the English Channel while on a voyage to Algeria.

She is said to have a Russian crew of 15 and is loaded with timber valued at 1.8 million US dollars.

It was reported earlier in the week that she had been boarded by about 10 masked men when in the Baltic Sea but it was thought they had all disemberked after searching the ship.

alphakitty

Deckhand
Good morning :) It is cloudy today....a welcome relief from the heat and humidity of late. A short lived relief according to the weathermen. Seems it will be getting hot and humid again later in the week.

We are off to the pool this morning, then taking Hanna to lunch and to a rock climbing wall. This evening, Hanna and Grandpa Ken will have dinner out and I am going to dinner with my cruising girlfriends. We are in the final stages of planning our October cruise. :)

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Mary

With all these social outings today I hope you have had a good time and Hanna and Ken have also enjoyed themselves.

Catch you sometime tomorrow.

Cruisefan

Deckhand
Good morning,
seems there is a need to include a new Cruise Line, as per Seatrade, Harrod has named his new venture VOYAGES to Antiquity....he does like Voyages hehehe.
Seebaer

Neil

Deckhand
Good Morning everyone from a sunny Luton.

The Russian navy are now involved in the search for the missing Maltese registered cargo ship ' Arctic Sea ', which passed through the English Channel, as her 15 crew are from Russia.

She should have arrived at Algeria on the 4th August but has not been sighted since she passed through the Channel.

It is thought her AIS ship position transmitter is turned off.

middy

Deckhand
Morning from a bright sunny Lancashire :)
Neil is real strange about the cargo ship, wonder where she is hiding ?

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Middy

It had been reported from the ship that the men who boarded and search the ship in the Baltic Sea had left the ship.

I wonder if they were still on board and got the ships radio operator to send that message.

She could now be anywhere.

It was reported that all she has is a cargo of timber but it was said to be worth over a million US dollars !

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Seebaer

This conversion of the ship for Orient Lines has been going on for some time so it will be interesting to see if she does enter serivce in May 2010.

It was even more interesting to read that David Yellow is the Managing Director !

I wonder what had happened to him !

He was the Managing Director of ' Voyages of Discovery ' when their ship the ' mv Discovery ' had all the engine problems last year with cruise itineraries being changed and the passengers often not finding out about the changes until they boarded the ship !

It seemed he was shy of answering any questions about the engine problems which went on for about five months !

That is not the way to keep your passengers happy !

Other cruise companies who had an engine problems with their ships, including P & O Cruises, told their passengers of the problems !

Photos below of the conversion work being done in Greece to Aegean 1 .

She is shown as being about 11,500 grt and will carry 382 passengers.
AEGEAN I FROM HIGH VIEW.jpg
AEGEAN_I_CONVERSION_BOW.jpg

madge57

Deckhand
Hello Everyone!! I know its been a long time since I have been here. But I am on another site and I do try to come can.
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with something. I have heard that Carnival Miracle might be changing itinerary. She might be going to Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao to name a few ports. Do any of you heard of this. and if its true when might it happen? We want to go in 2011 but it has to be in the first 3 months of the year. If anything let me know
Thanks.

alphakitty

Deckhand
Hi Margie :) There is some information on Carnival going to Curacao as was reported here: Welcome to Amigoe.com
(English translated from Dutch)

There hasn't been anything I can find released by Carnival directly and no mention of Bonaire except rumor at this point. And some mention, but nothing definite on Aruba. I would guess if they are adding Curacao, Carnival would want to add the other islands as well.

It does sound like a great itinerary...one I'd be apt to jump on in 2011 myself, let's hope it happens. :)

Neil

Deckhand
Hi all

it looks as if there was a power cut in Texas as we lost contact with the website ! :hoh:

All seems Ok again.

We have a nice sunny day in Luton, UK, with a high temperature of about 79 f expected today. :cool:

alphakitty

Deckhand
Good morning :)

It is setting up to be a perfect summer day here in New England. But, we need to enjoy it while we can as the humidity and hot, hot stuff will be creeping in tomorrow and stay with us for several days.

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Mary

Sounds like it will be visits to the beach or swimming pool over the next few days ! :hoh:

We are also expecting a fine weekend. :cool: