• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Starting out

encodetry

Deckhand
Hello everybody.......Tony from Wales Uk here.

My sites I use for information are mainly Cruise Critic and Fodors.

Off on Tuesday next on P and O cruise to the Med.

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Tony

I now work as a semi retired independent travel writer having worked at sea on the hotel side of the P & O & Princess Cruises ships for over 35 years, and while the company was still British owned !

Over the past eight plus years I have been posting news etc on here through three different owners of this website, and was at one time the UK manager on the site, so great to see you onboard.

I prefer websites where the passenger writes a review as information sites like you use have mainly good reviews otherwise the writer gets no more free cruises ! lol

I will not accept free cruises, although I have been offered them in the past, so I can say what I think about a cruise ship and base my comments on my own experience of working in the industry for so long !

My last cruise was on a older style canal boat, on the dutch canals, which carries about 98 passengers and is owned by her Captain !

The main part of her hull was built in 1903 and had been converted about 16 years ago from what was a steam powered canal cargo boat.

She was fitted with new engines, and a new bow and stern with twin rudders added, and then had the passengers main accommodation of elegent public rooms and a restaurant plus three decks of all outside cabins added which are all ensuite and mostly connect by chair lifts on the stairs.

She also has a large open top deck with tables, chairs, and sun loungers and the whole ship has regular upgrades carried out as well as other refurbishment work.

Attachments

Last edited: