• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Solo Cruiser

ibz1492

Deckhand
I have been cruising solo for many years and resent paying for the ghost passenger. Please, all you fellow solo cruisers, let RCI and all other cruise lines know that all we want is fair treatment - a small cabin for one so that we pay approximately what each passenger in a standard cabin pays. NCL has extremely popular solo cabins but very few of them... All cruise lines need to understand that single people almost always have more discretionary income and therefore can cruise more often. However NOT if we have to pay for two people in a cabin designed for two people.

jhudgina

Deckhand
The double charge for a solo traveler by cruise ships, hotels, is another wrong way to profit. Improper, unethical, and maddening, solos need to stop using those accommodations and patronize only those that cut the rate by at least half. We have the power and need to get with it and start using it.

haroldwilliams

Deckhand
I agree with you both. Solo passengers need equal treatment. I know I paid more for the cruise I am on now by having to pay somewhat extra.

jhudgina

Deckhand
Harold, I would like to hear more about the whole subject of solo travelling for older singles, the lines that cater to us, and don't charge premiums. I know we are a large part of the travelling community but when I search I don't find it exclusively and I wonder why.

haroldwilliams

Deckhand
Jhudgina, I can sometimes find a reasonable fare for a good cruise that doesn`t charge a premium, but it is just time consuming and some times a dead end. For all the single people the cruise lines should pay them more mind. many travel agents still want to sell a cabin for two or more.
RCCL does have the Radiance class ships with a few S1 cabins, that are priced on a single level, yet they are inside and a bit smaller. MSC has single for about 170 %, and NCL has single cabins, but their prices are not any more competitive than a normal size double cabin.
Some other British cruise lines have single prices, but, unfortunately they are not marketed to US, and they may or may not come to US ports because of emission, and type of non sulfur fuels they are required to use.