• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Small ship cruising?

JohnRob

Deckhand
Hello friends! I have mentioned in my intro that I have went for cruising only once in my life, that too about 2 years back. My only cruise experience was an awesome one and I wanted to go for more, if not for financial issues. Now I have an option to go for my second cruise experience and that too for 2 weeks. I have 2 packages offered to me, but I am not ale to choose because I like both the itineraries. Another important thing is both these packages are of small ship cruises by blount small adventures. So I am sure this won't exactly be same as my previous ship cruising, which was on a mighty ship. :) But I don't care about it now, though I welcome opinions and suggestions. The cruises are: Boston to Montreal small ship cruises and New York to Montreal cruises. I would be grateful if someone could help me choose one of these. I need to confirm it as soon as possible or else I won't get my reservation. Thanks.

Solent Richard

Deckhand
Good morning John.

Having not previously heard of 'Blount Small Adventures I took the liberty of googling them and I believe this may be the itinerary you are considering...

https://www.blountsmallshipadventures.com/2016-islands-castles-and-canals-boston-to-montreal/

That sounds wonderful. My wife and I do a minimum of one river cruise per year (two this year because we just had to get to Burma) and have never had a bad experience.

One reason I can appreciate this itinerary is that we have been following a UK television programme featuring Michael Portillo.

His journey started in Manhattan and to date he has just arrived at Gettysburg - so following a similar route from New York as this cruise.

Personally. if it was me, I would go for the whole hog and start at Boston if I were you.

Good luck anyway, whatever you choose and do keep us posted.