• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sitka Alaska

PEB

Captain
Staff member
Sitka originally was the capital of Alaska when it was still part of Russia. Sitka still has some very interesting architectural structures that are from their Russian influance. The historic buildings and the russian type shows that are put on here can be very interesting.

Sitka is a good place for a sea wildlife tour. We have had good luck seeing bears and sea life from Sitka. Walking the town can be very interesting also.

The last time I was in Sitka you had to tender into town. I have read a few posts saying that there was talk of a pier being built for the cruise ships but I have not found anything official on that or if the pier has been built.

PEB

Captain
Staff member
Pam I will be back in Sitka this summer on a cruise but you are right there are not as many ships going to Sitka as in the past. In fact many of the ports we enjoyed in the past are no longer having the major cruise lines stop at them. You can still get to some of the other ports on the small ship cruise lines.

onlyrocknroll

Deckhand
We went to Sitka last summer.We did a city tour that included folk dancing.All of the excursions on out Alaskan cruise were *amazing*.