• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SarahB sails on Galaxy on May 6 from Galveston

Jackie

Deckhand
I wonder how many of the crew managed to get ashore in Key West- it certainly was not possible on the East/West last October; after math of Wilma.
Hope you took some photos Sarah; I look forward to your report.

dj victor

Deckhand
Hi jackie, to get ashore in Key West it's very tricky for the crew and usually the short time there it's mainly for phone calls :(

Liz

Deckhand
The American Navy keeping Nassau safe.......from WHAT, one well might ask:duh: :duh:

When I was there, last, those guys appeared to be bored out of their minds, spent all day playing around in Zodiacs
Americannavy.jpg

Liz

Deckhand
You would think so:confused: , and, of course, I can't tell WHAT exactly is there now.

But when, I was there in early 2004 on Dawn, absolutely no question but that there were 3 American minesweepers (or some derivation of same) stationed in Nassau and docked in that same location

robyn

Gondoliere
What a shame for SarahB...know she was looking forward to seeing the Two Lakes (one green & the other blue). With that sort of weather they will both be the same colour....:(

Liz

Deckhand
Hope you are having a lovely day in Lisbona, Sarah:)

(Gotta take on LOTS more oil for the rest of the trip)
galaxylisbon.jpg
galaxylisbon2.jpg

Liz

Deckhand
:joy: :green: THAT ONE IS a capture of the Century:joy: .....(well, actually, Galaxy;) )

Spent quite a bit of time, this morning....trying to figure the "who, what and where" of ships in Palma:duh:

SarahB

Deckhand
Back home

Hi Everyone

Well here I am back home after a wonderful transatlantic voyage :mrgreen:

Thanks to you all for tracking my progress, and apart from a couple of hours of rain in Ponta Delgada and a tornado in Galveston (before we boarded the ship) the weather was fantastic. We were also told that the crossing was one of the smoothest they had ever had on Galaxy so we could not have asked for better.

I'm hoping to do my report once I've caught up on things at home, so I'll keep you posted on that.

joespit

Deckhand
SarahB Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. It was nice of them to smooth out the Atlantic for you. Look forward to your report and pictures. :green:

robyn

Gondoliere
Welcome home SarahB....so sorry Ponta Delgada was a wash-out for you :mad: One of the highlights of my voyage earlier this year.

Looking forward to hearing all about your transatlantic, when time permits :mrgreen:

SarahB

Deckhand
robyn: fortunately it wasn't a complete wash out, by the time we went to the pineapple plantation and then drove up the mountains to the lake, the clouds had cleared and the sun was shining :D