• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

RSS news feeds

Ally

Deckhand
Rex....I know that you have good experience with this on CLF and I did try to have it introduced here too at one stage but it never quite got off the ground.

There are several cruise industry news outlets that frequently have insider news that most passengers don't hear about, often about newbuilds, refits, legislation changes and so forth..alot of which could potentially impact cruises and future choice of line/ship.

Websites such as CIN, Seatrade Insider, Cruise Business, Travel Weekly UK & US, Travelmole and others span worldwide cruise developments and all have the ability to allow RSS feeds to discussion board like this one.

Perhaps it is something to reconsider doing here, having a specific area onsite where these feeds would appear under the heading of cruise news...I think that if managed right (ie set up using keywords that actually fit the portfolio rather than a blanket keyword like "cruise" which can often pull up stories about cars, planes, football etc), it would be a long term asset here.

Thoughts?

Ally

Deckhand
Another aspect of this that would be beneficial is if CT had RSS feeds to the National Hurricane and the WMO websites so that storms could go direct from their site to a specific section here onsite. Since these storms can impact cruising so much, having the information "on tap" live from source would be a real asset.

The WMO website covers the entire world, not just the US/Caribbean shores, so potentially vital for the Asian cruise season : http://severe.worldweather.wmo.int/