• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Rialto Barcelona

middy

Deckhand
Have a one night stay at the Rialto Barcelona pre cruise.
Has anyone stayed there pre cruise, any advice on nice places to eat nearby ?

Ally

Deckhand
I have a very good friend who lives in Barcelona, so have left her a note on FB. She is in Dublin at the moment but hopefully will get back to me in the next few days, Middy :)

She was the international hostess aboard Costa Victoria on my cruise this year, lovely girl and she has lived in Barcelona for several years :)

Ally

Deckhand
Middy, I have this message from my friend Rachel in Barcelona :

The Rialto is right in the middle of the old city on a very busy street so I would recommend them to request a quiet room from the get-go.It's hard to recommend a particular restaurant without knowing their taste, but the Restaurante La Luna is always a winner, and also Els 4 Gats (lovely modernist setting), and both are within walking distance. There are many nice little places on the side streets in that area, and if they ask for directions to "El Borne" (a short walk - fashionable area, also has nice boutiques) or "Barceloneta" (10-15 minute walk - yacht port and good for seafood) they will find two more areas bursting with gastronomic delights!! Tell them to keep away from the restaurants and bars on Las Ramblas and Plaza Reial - high prices and low quality. If they would like a free tour of the city, tell them to have a look at Free Walking Tour in Barcelona (Gaudi and Old City). Kids & Family Walking Tour - Runner Bean Tours Barcelona (tours don't go inside the buildings, but give an idea of where to come back to). For a nice walk on a sunny day I recommmend Parc Ciutadela. There is a tourist information office on the large square near their hotel.
Hope that helps you :)

bandos

Deckhand
search in tripadvisor and it will show you nearby locations and places to eat and drink ! I find it useful.