• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

R Family Vacations

cclguy

Deckhand
I am looking for past cruisers that have done a cruise with R Family Vacations,
has anyone in this forum been on any of their charters? They are doing a cruise out of Miami in February that sounds nice but all I know about them is what I read in the gay press. I have cruised on charters with RSVP and Atlantis but I know this would be a total different experience.

Any information as always in appreciated.

Robert

Dani

Deckhand
Is this the line that Rosie O'Donnell chartered for a whole group ? I know her cruise was for families.

cclguy

Deckhand
Dani,

You are correct, Rosies lover and the founder of Atlantis cruises formed the new company.

Robert

Dani

Deckhand
Then just based on her being involved I would say it should be a good cruise.

I did not do a google on it but seems there was lots of publicity at the time of the first cruise.

Rosie is a cool gal, plus her wife is a fox !!!!

Hope someone can answer you, I think the cruise would be a wonderful way for families to have fun. What ship are they going to charter ?

cclguy

Deckhand
Dani,

The cruise is on the Jewel, I know gay/lesbian cruises are a little more expensive then booking a cruise on a non charter but the prices on this trip are a little higher than usual. I guess we are paying for the additional entertainment that R will be bringing on the trip. A standard cabin with balcony is $1699 per person and that does not include port charges and tips. I can book the same cruise the following week for $300 less per person.
I spoke with an agent at R Family Vacations and she says the cruises are always packed and there will be a large number of children on the voyage.
Their website does have a forum attached to it and everyone seems to like the product, I just need to figure out if I want to pay the extra $300 pp.

I am still looking for people that have been on one of their cruises, I have checked with everyone I know including travel agents and no one has been on one yet. I do enjoy traveling with 2000 other gays and lesbians, don't ask me why but it is always refreshing.

Robert

Dani

Deckhand
Okay, here is my take on it for what it is worth.

GO FOR IT ! That extra amount of money is going to bring you lots and lots of happiness . There is nothing like cruising with a group of like mind.
:joy:
Plus the freedom to be yourself...not saying you would not be anyway but this way you certainly can celebrate yourself !

As to why you like the Gay cruises...hey....I was on a like minded political cruise and loved it....I could spout all my ideas and be met with acceptence. It was truly liberating. We just talked and went to seminars and had a great time...regardless of age, country or monetary situation.

Now if I could only find a cruise for CAT LOVERS ( and we could bring them along ) I would be in Heaven. :clap:

Remember what Mark Twain said

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you
did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the
safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime

And my favorite :

Of all God's creatures there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat."

m_doiron

Cruise Comedian
Dani, I love that last one about the cat - I'm an animal lover of all kinds. Haven't seen that much of you online of late - been traveling I hope - your sense of humor has been missed.

Mark

cclguy

Deckhand
Dani,

Thanks for your insight, I will more than likely book this cruise. I will keep you posted.

Robert

BBT

Deckhand
cclguy

Just got finished watching "all aboard", this is the documentary made about r family first cruise on NCL Dawn in 2004. Excelent show-I think it is repeating all month on HBO. I loved the show for two reasons-first cruise we took was on the Dawn in 2004 and the scenes in the show bring back fond memories of our first cruise-second-the way they present this documentary shows the love that this group has for their families and some of the strugles they go through. If anyone gets a chance this is a MUST VIEW .:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: