• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question of the Day

BoHunk

Deckhand
OK...off to google that one... never heard of it...
Cool...I found it. Cute car. Not sure who makes it. I do like that style of smaller cheap grocery getter.
We have several here and I would buy one if/when truck dies.
Civic 2 door hatchback...Saturn Ion (not available in Hatch :( ) and ford Focus hatch...I am not a Ford fan anymore...
Subaru has one but they are spendy. Ohh..Hyundai has a cute one also..:)

John

Deckhand
I drive a Chevrolet Tacuma ( Previously a Daewoo Tacuma). It is very cheap to maintain. I have free servicing which is handy to have.

BoHunk

Deckhand
I drive a Chevrolet Tacuma ( Previously a Daewoo Tacuma). It is very cheap to maintain. I have free servicing which is handy to have.
Another smaller cute car...love 'em. How do you like it?
I like any small car that is Hatch and stick shift..and is cheap and dependable. Got to have cup holders....

middy

Deckhand
Being small my skoda is low in insurance and low on road tax. I also get 3 years AA ( recovery )thrown in with the price.

BoHunk

Deckhand
Being small my skoda is low in insurance and low on road tax. I also get 3 years AA ( recovery )thrown in with the price.
But...who makes it? We do not have that car here...wondering what its US counterpart is...
John?...Ohh...forgot..he has been in the hug thread..
Enrickie?...:laughalot:

middy

Deckhand
Skoda is a company from czechoslovakia, but in later years have connections with Volkswagon . Many of the parts are VW.

BoHunk

Deckhand
Here...VW are a nice car sdbut have a reputation of being high maintenance as far as needing tuning...but this is just what I heard.
VW is not a car you can neglect.....
Not thinking we can get that car here...but...(clearing throat) I would trust any car make by those wonderful Czechoslovakians! (Reminder that I am 100% Czech from Hlavatce, Bohemia....:biggrinbounce2:

sevenhearths

Deckhand
Question of the day till Chcuk posts a better one.

What kind of car do you drive?
What do you like/dislike about your vehicle?
A Saturn Vue, has a great place for "the boys" in the rear with a gate we installed. Gets great gas mileage avg 29-30 (I drive mostly back roads- no stopping and starting), and pretty low on maintenance. This is my 3rd Saturn, I got a sedan when they were a new car company in 1992, and drove that until it had over 200K on it, the I got my first Vue in 2002, and when going for an oil change one day, they offered me $3500 less than I paid for it towards a new one, so now I have a 2004 with 60K (I drive a lot). I cheaped out and didn't get the 4 wheel drive model (about $7K extra) and there are times I wish I had it, but when we bought Doc a new truck, we got 4WD on that so if the weather's nasty I can take it instead.

Ally

Deckhand

What kind of car do you drive?
What do you like/dislike about your vehicle?
I don't drive anymore but my last car was a 1991 Toyota Turbo Supra 3 litre, I personally rebuilt the engine, gave her a larger turbo and a few other tweaks to get her a little more powerful :)

She was lovely, a real 'drivers car'....had to sell her when I was told to give up driving on medical advice. Her new owner wrapped her round a large pine tree 4 days after buying her. He couldn't handle her :bawling:

Chucksta63

Deckhand

What kind of car do you drive?What do you like/dislike about your vehicle?
Honda Ridgeline!!!! Love it!!!
Duel climate control
4x4 drive
Low tire pressure warning system
No axles
Trunk
4 door
Should I go on...
Trunk doubles as a cooler for Lobsta & beer.
HONDA%5CRIDGELINE%5C2006%5C4PU-4-CBK.jpg

Ricksta

Deckhand
Skoda is a company from czechoslovakia, but in later years have connections with Volkswagon . Many of the parts are VW.

So this is a Skoda?

Hey Kary remember our cars in Germany? Opel and what was that little red one....Talbot?
skoda1.jpg

BoHunk

Deckhand
It is a nice vehicle..I love Honda's. Rick has a Civic 2006...nice ride but I would not like the payments....
When my old truck rolls up and dies..I am heading for a 5 speed stick hatch back...2 doors....and about 3 years old...

no payment...cheap insurance..no tear over scratches..
But, wnat cup holders...

Ally

Deckhand
My Supra managed 34mpg average, she went through emissions testing without any problems and she often went above 140mph....however my all time favourite car has to be my drag racing car, a 1967 7.7 litre Trans Am with Nitrous....8.6 second standing quarter mile.

I used to drag race every weekend from 1980 thru 1989 at a local dragstrip, Santa Pod Raceway.

I miss the thrill and the adrenaline rush.