• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question of the Day

richardm

Deckhand
Question of the day:

What is on your vacation plans horizon?

Planning anything in your head?
I'm looking at another Freighter cruise for the summer. I'll go to Iceland or Portugal if I have the time (tough choice!!) or Sweden if I'm strapped - these all sail from UK ports. I had such a great time in 2005 that I want to go again - it's wonderful getting a Bridge-eye view of the world!!

Richard

richardm

Deckhand
LOL Richard! We have excellent Fish & chips here too....but for me the most important thing is what kind and how fresh is the fish? Never frozen! Here we use haddock, cod, scrod and other white fish. I like it when I know it was caught that day. :)
White fish is the standard here but it's definitely frozen and I doubt it's landed the same day let alone caught then - although Birmingham is in the middle I bet it goes to London first! (the best fish I've had is mackeral fried in butter within an hour of being caught - delicious)

Richard

Ally

Deckhand
Baileys ice cream is lovely...just don't mention it infront of karyn...she will try to steal it :laughalot:

BoHunk

Deckhand
the best fish I've had is mackeral fried in butter within an hour of being caught - delicious)

Richard[/QUOTE]

I just love the fish that does not taste like fish....white fish...no dirty sock smell to it....
I just thought the fish and chips..smelled...ahh...fishy! I just love a pub made rolled and fried white fsh and a basket of chips! Yum!

sevenhearths

Deckhand
Question of the Day
Where is chuck...lol
No I am only kidding
What one thing did you not enjoy on the ship ?

and be honest....
Lisa---- I have to agree with you on this one. The lack of creativity and selection on the desserts was very noticable. The one thing I did like was the ability to get the Melting Chocolate cake every night!!!! I do LOVE that. Denise

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
Lisa---- I have to agree with you on this one. The lack of creativity and selection on the desserts was very noticable. The one thing I did like was the ability to get the Melting Chocolate cake every night!!!! I do LOVE that. Denise

My daughter got it every nite as well, and every nite on the Elation too.. Although the comnsistancy was different each nite... It still tasted good..lol

sevenhearths

Deckhand
I was not in facor of the entire wait for OK food thing...but the pasta at the buffet....Hmmmmm..and that wonderful bread! Yum!
Fish and Chips...El Yucko!
Karyn did you try the bouillabaisse? We thought it was pretty good...... and maybe when you had the Fish and Chips it was an "off time" for them- when we had them they were fine..... not quite as crisp on the batter as I'd like, but flaky and tasty... Denise

sevenhearths

Deckhand
My daughter got it every nite as well, and every nite on the Elation too.. Although the comnsistancy was different each nite... It still tasted good..lol
You are right on the consistency...... some nights it was more like cake and others, more like melted fudge. Seems like they needed some regulating on it- but yes, it was always good- no matter what the consistency.

BoHunk

Deckhand
Karyn did you try the bouillabaisse? We thought it was pretty good...... and maybe when you had the Fish and Chips it was an "off time" for them- when we had them they were fine..... not quite as crisp on the batter as I'd like, but flaky and tasty... Denise
The time I got it...soggy...but it was 3:15 and they were to close soon. I did note the cool salt and pepper shakers on the table up there. No..I did not BoHo them...:laughalot:
I didnt try the B sauce...whatever it is...cant say or spell it...

Denise...how is your towel boy? :laughalot: Tell him I said.."Hi"....

alphakitty

Deckhand
Well, how was the cruise???? or should I say cruises for some?
Hi Barb! :) It sounds like the group had a great time and good weather, you can't ask for much more than that. Where have you been???? How's Ally???
We miss you around here...come back and set a spell! LOL