• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Question of the Day

Ally

Deckhand
To afford to live reasonably and go on cruises I eat once a day, do not drive, do not own a car, do not drink or smoke....but I still enjoy life to the full :)

alphakitty

Deckhand
I really don't cut corners. We aren't rich by any means, but I usually get what I want. I just keep my wants reasonable. :) We are lucky to have very, very low housing costs too.

BoHunk

Deckhand
I dont own much for jewelry...nice clothes or shoes. I drive a crappy car. I feed my family cheap crap...also...I reuse store trash bags for garbage bags, I swipe condiments from anyplace I go...I make our bed pillows out of the dryer lint trap..:laughalot:
However, I do not tend to skimp on the home interior. Furnature is nice and home is kept up to date.
Also...kinda wastful on the techno stuff...cell phones, TV's, computer...

gottabecruisin

Deckhand
Question of the Day:

To be able to afford life...what do you cut corners on vs where do you overspend?
I normally dont check hubby's pockets as the washer usually PULLS the cash from them, money he thinks he has spent ...lol
so each week I make an effort to do laundry so that I have extra cash and therefore dont need to cut corners....

LMAO.....

Chucksta63

Deckhand
To afford to live reasonably and go on cruises I eat once a day, do not drive, do not own a car, do not drink or smoke....but I still enjoy life to the full :)
What!!!!!:eek:
Who has been putting away all that Goldfinch in the Tavern.....lol:laughalot:

BoHunk

Deckhand
Question of the day
Did you enjoy your Valor cruise ?
What ONE thing would you have changed if you could.. And be HONEST !
Hmmmm...yes. I enjoyed my cruise. The Valor is a nice big ship and the ports were nice.
Change...for me? As far as this trip? Well, we did not use opur balcony enough for the extra cost as the trip was port intensive and time on ship was spent at the pool...so I think I would have downgraded to an inside or OV.
Change as far as next trip? I think that the longer cruises are nice but thery are mcuh more spendy...all I really want is warm water. So...might also consider the short cruises and doing 2....I could do 2 5 day crusies and be gone for 10 days for the same price as the 7 day cruise.

astros fan

Deckhand
Question of the day
Did you enjoy your Valor cruise ?
What ONE thing would you have changed if you could.. And be HONEST !
Hmmmm...yes. I enjoyed my cruise. The Valor is a nice big ship and the ports were nice.
Change...for me? As far as this trip? Well, we did not use opur balcony enough for the extra cost as the trip was port intensive and time on ship was spent at the pool...so I think I would have downgraded to an inside or OV.
Change as far as next trip? I think that the longer cruises are nice but thery are mcuh more spendy...all I really want is warm water. So...might also consider the short cruises and doing 2....I could do 2 5 day crusies and be gone for 10 days for the same price as the 7 day cruise.

I loved the cruise.
Things to change.....Karyn I think you are on to something about the balcony. Mike and I basically decided the same thing. With a 4 port trip I'm not sure the balcony was worth the extra money. We loved the time we spent out there, but there wasn't that much time to spend.
Interesting thought on the 2 5 dayers...I hadn't thought about that.

I'm sure this isn't what you are looking for Lisa, but I wouldn't sail out of Miami again...it almost doubled the cost of our trip. We can go out of Galveston and cut all of that extra out.
I also didn't care for 4 ports as much as I thought I would. Mike loved it. I like the sea days to relax. I loved the ports, but I came home tired...:laughalot:

BoHunk

Deckhand
I came home tired as well and plunked my arse on the couch for a couple of days...
Well...when you think about the short cruises...The 5 day girls inside would have been about $300. and add another 5 day for $300. and that is $600-$700...but the 7 days cruise would run about that for an inside for the week. The upside to the longer cruise is getting to stay on the ship....and the more exotic ports...the upside to 2 smaller cruises is the smaller ships and the extended vacation...
YOu just cant beat the price of the short cruises....

astros fan

Deckhand
Something that I thought was great (and we have had the same experience in the past) was having the group, but not feeling like we needed to spend all of our time with the group.
It was great to have friends to meet and visit with onboard and in port, but it was also nice to be able to spend some time alone. This trip had this balance perfectly for us.

BoHunk

Deckhand
Ohh..I agree on the Miami thing....even a huge difference $$ and trouble wise compared to Post Canaveral even...

alphakitty

Deckhand
What's wrong with Miami?? I understand the $$ thing if you live closer to another port and adding the cost of a flight...but otherwise, what's so bad about it? I don't understand.

BoHunk

Deckhand
Well...it is so hectic..that is all. I just loved how easy peasy and cheap it was to go into Orlando...and get to Port Canaveral. There was a nice place to hang out pre cruise and the rent was reasonable. Everything was so simple...even dropping the car.

CoCoNut Willie

Deckhand
Me too...lol. That was our last Miami cruise. With 7-8 ships in port in Miami and about the same in Fort Lauderdale, shuttles are crowded, airports are crowded it's just a hassle. It was almost 9am before I got off the ship on debarkation. In Nov. on the Conquest, I was home unpacking by 9am. Itinerary doesn't play a big roll in our choice of cruises anymore, we've pretty well been there done that. We've sailed out of Philly, Jacksonville, Tampa, Houston, Galveston and New Orleans and none are the hassle that Miami is. We're 1 hour drive from Galveston, 45 min from the port of Houston, and about 3 1/2 hours drive from New Orleans. We'll sail from one of these ports and use the money we would have spent on airfare to upgrade to a nicer stateroom.

BoHunk

Deckhand
I havfe heard others talk about how cool New Orleans was pre Katrina to sail out of....
Looks like they are tring to bring the ships back...at least Carnival is...