• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Please Welcome Pam in CA As Our New Administrator

Brent W

Captain
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I wanted to take some time to let you know that I have talked with Pam in CA and she has agreed to become an Administrator on the forum. She has a wealth of information when it comes to cruising and I am excited to have her as a part of CruisingTalk.com.

This is just another exciting step in the right direction for CruisingTalk and I am already excited to see how the activity has picked up.

When Pam gets a chance I am sure she will give you a bit better introduction than what I was able to supply.

Happy posting!

- Brent W

Pam in CA

Captain
Thank you, Brent, for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting to know the members better and hopefully, be able to answer as many questions as I can.

I have to admit that I first logged on to this website years ago but as I got active in another one, Cruising Talk faded from my consciousness. So while I appear to be new, I'm really not. I've been traveling since I was a teenager, in the '50's, with my first time on a ship in 1955 when I traveled to/from Europe with my Mom and sister on a Norwegian freighter. Fourteen days each way with no entertainment, fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I was hooked on the sea. I took my first "real" cruise in 1980 and am now Elite on Princess, a 3-star Mariner on HAL, have taken four Royal Caribbean cruises and one Celebrity.

While retired, my business life has included working at LIFE Magazine, Young & Rubicam (ad agency), MIT, and several other companies along the way. In the 80's, I was Director of the Apple/Boston Group of the Boston Computer Society and through them, alpha tested a new online service that became America Online. Before retiring, I was a Senior Program Manager and Pyramid Leader at AOL, responsible for five major channel communities and everything in them: Autos, Food, Hobbies, Home & Garden and Pets. So, I have many years of experience in creating and growing communities. In fact, I'm passionate about online communities. :)

Even though I'm now a little old lady, I'm fortunate to be able to cruise, travel and do all the things people dream of doing. For instance, last October, I took a 3-week safari in South Africa, Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe, and the last day we were there, I zip lined across Victoria Falls. First time zip lining. Nothing like jumping into the fire. :) Last February, I spent a week trekking around Galapagos. I have three cruises booked through October 2013 and am constantly looking at other cruises and adventures to take while I'm still "young."

I look forward to getting to know you all better and helping Cruising Talk become all it can be.

KeithnRita

Deckhand
Congratulations and welcome aboard, Pam! You seem perfect for the role of Administrator. Brent made a wise choice.

haroldwilliams

Deckhand
Thank you, Brent, for the warm welcome and I look forward to getting to know the members better and hopefully, be able to answer as many questions as I can.

I have to admit that I first logged on to this website years ago but as I got active in another one, Cruising Talk faded from my consciousness. So while I appear to be new, I'm really not. I've been traveling since I was a teenager, in the '50's, with my first time on a ship in 1955 when I traveled to/from Europe with my Mom and sister on a Norwegian freighter. Fourteen days each way with no entertainment, fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I was hooked on the sea. I took my first "real" cruise in 1980 and am now Elite on Princess, a 3-star Mariner on HAL, have taken four Royal Caribbean cruises and one Celebrity.

While retired, my business life has included working at LIFE Magazine, Young & Rubicam (ad agency), MIT, and several other companies along the way. In the 80's, I was Director of the Apple/Boston Group of the Boston Computer Society and through them, alpha tested a new online service that became America Online. Before retiring, I was a Senior Program Manager and Pyramid Leader at AOL, responsible for five major channel communities and everything in them: Autos, Food, Hobbies, Home & Garden and Pets. So, I have many years of experience in creating and growing communities. In fact, I'm passionate about online communities. :)

Even though I'm now a little old lady, I'm fortunate to be able to cruise, travel and do all the things people dream of doing. For instance, last October, I took a 3-week safari in South Africa, Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe, and the last day we were there, I zip lined across Victoria Falls. First time zip lining. Nothing like jumping into the fire. :) Last February, I spent a week trekking around Galapagos. I have three cruises booked through October 2013 and am constantly looking at other cruises and adventures to take while I'm still "young."

I look forward to getting to know you all better and helping Cruising Talk become all it can be.
Hello Pam,
Congratulations on your job as moderator. I look forward to reading your posts and hope you get some good response.
Harold Williams ( Martinsville, Va.)

Pam, it is wonderful to see you here....I have followed most of your postings since I found you.....You are a treasure of knowledge....My only problem? Even though I am a little old lady also.....you get to cruise more than me.....Hard to find someone to take care of my 40 dog sled dog kennel.....:) So it is 1-2 cruises for me.....I look forward to seeing what you will do here.....

Hi Pam

I so respect the balanced views you bring, which I've followed on your other website. I hope the cruises you are doing next year include Royal from Venice and the Grand's South American. I'd love to meet you. Jen

Pam in CA

Captain
Hello Pam,
Congratulations on your job as moderator. I look forward to reading your posts and hope you get some good response.
Harold Williams ( Martinsville, Va.)
Thanks! I've found over the years that a discussion with information posters can use, even if they didn't know what to ask, keeps posters coming back. The goal is to get people who have been lurking, or are new posters, engaged and to let them know that no matter how minor the question, they'll get an answer. It may not be the answer they want, but every question should be taken seriously and answered with respect. We all started as newbies and sometimes we forget.

As the saying goes, "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." We want our posters to 'drink' and participate, which encourages others to do the same.

Pam in CA

Captain
Pam, it is wonderful to see you here....I have followed most of your postings since I found you.....You are a treasure of knowledge....My only problem? Even though I am a little old lady also.....you get to cruise more than me.....Hard to find someone to take care of my 40 dog sled dog kennel.....:) So it is 1-2 cruises for me.....I look forward to seeing what you will do here.....
Thanks! I'm very fortunate to be able to cruise and travel as much as I do. My Mom always said I made my luck because I worked hard, saved and invested. :) I've got two elderly cats, both rescues. One is 17 years old and was diagnosed almost two years ago with lymphoma. Lots of pills that she's wonderful at taking so she's done well. Recently, however, she was diagnosed with kidney failure and has even more pills to take. Poor baby. I don't know how long she'll be on this Earth, which is heartbreaking and I feel guilty for leaving her. I've got a vet tech who comes 2x a day. My other cat is a big, orange Maine coon who is 16 years old. I adopted him almost four years ago at 12. He'd been dumped at a vet to be put to sleep by his previous owner's kids and spent nine months in a cage waiting for his forever home. He's a big love bug and I call him my huggable luggable cat. :)

It's hard to find someone you trust to take care of your pet while you're gone. Hmm.. sounds like a good discussion topic :)

Pam in CA

Captain
I so respect the balanced views you bring, which I've followed on your other website. I hope the cruises you are doing next year include Royal from Venice and the Grand's South American. I'd love to meet you. Jen
Jen, no to the Grand but yes to the Royal Maiden Passage from Venice to FLL next year. I know a number of people on this cruise with whom I've cruised before so it should be lots of fun. I'm putting together private tours in Rome, Naples and Messina. If you're interested, let me know at [email protected]. :) I'm looking forward to meeting you in just over a year.

Travel Xena

Deckhand
Congrats Pam. :) That introduction to cruising sounds like it was quite an adventure. I hope to hear more about it one day.

Pam in CA

Captain
Congrats Pam. :) That introduction to cruising sounds like it was quite an adventure. I hope to hear more about it one day.
You mean the Norwegian freighter? It was awesome but not for everyone. Is this what you mean? I'd be happy to tell you the story.

BooBoos Mum

Deckhand
Welcome Pam as administrater ..i know what you m,ean about leaving your beloved pets ..there's a cruise i fancy next Sept but i don't know who can mind my little dog ,the daughter usually lives here but she has a new boyfriend now & don't know if she will be here then .....i'll have to blackmail her me thinks :rolleyes:

ILove2Cruise2

Deckhand
Welcome! It's been a busy year for me and for the first time ever I have been able to take 3 cruises. I look forward to seeing you on the board and posting on the board more.

patseacruiser

Deckhand
I had to put my dog down last year and it's so hard not to rescue another but I travel so much and it's not fair to kennel them so much since I don't have anyone to watch a pet now. My FIL used to but he's got a girlfriend and travels himself now. All my dogs have been rescues and Pam so wonderful of you to rescue a 12 year old. I once rescued a 7 year old and only had him 2 years but I figure he had a big yard and plenty of food for the 2 years so it was a good deal for him and the love he gave us was a good deal for us.