• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Pacific Dawn - Refit Planned

Neil

Deckhand
Latest news from P & O Cruises Australia is that a refit is planned for the ' Pacific Dawn ' which joined the P & O Cruises Australian fleet in 2007.

This is expected to take place between the 14th April and the 1st May 2012, but dates do sometimes get changed.

This ship entered service in 1991 as the Regal Princess.

She had been ordered by Sitmar Cruises, with her sister ship which became Crown Princess, just before the UK company ' P & O Cruises ' bought Sitmar Cruises and so she joined the P & O owned Princess Cruises fleet.

This was in the days before P & O Cruises and Princess Cruises became part of the Carnival group which happened in 2003.

L

lancashire lass

Neil did P&O have a ship named Canberra? my Aunt cruised with P&O in 1970 around the world cruise and recently her sister asked me if I knew the name of the ship and for some reason Canberra comes to mind. Thanks.
Kathy

Ally

Deckhand
Neil did P&O have a ship named Canberra? my Aunt cruised with P&O in 1970 around the world cruise and recently her sister asked me if I knew the name of the ship and for some reason Canberra comes to mind. Thanks.
Kathy
In the absence of Neil, yes Kathy, P&O did have a ship called Canberra. She was a much loved ship...one that I sailed aboard as a youngster...she served in the Falklands conflict of 1982 but was then scrapped at Alang in 1997. Her nickname was "Great White Whale", she was a beautiful ship, very elegant...

Several of her former crew set up this website all about her...

ssCanberra.com