• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P&O Cruises' Arcadia to receive 34 new cabins and boutique cinema in major refit

Neil

Deckhand
It is a bit chilly in the Bremerhaven shipyard this afternoon !!

Photos of the old cabin block being removed from Arcadia and the new cabin block waiting to be fitted.
Old block removed and New BlockArrives.jpg
New_Block_Arrival_11_30_11_08.jpg

Ally

Deckhand
hmmm...good shots there, Neil, does look like Arcadia will be getting the Eurodam 'containership' stern though, thus spoiling her lines completely.

Neil

Deckhand
It looks that way.

The pictures came to me through the ships Purser who years ago was one of my assistants !

Ally

Deckhand
She wasn't the most attractive floating block of flats anyway...bow she will look a whole lot worse. To think the new QE will be of the same design <shudders> :(

Neil

Deckhand
It was cold operating that crane tonoight but it has to be done !

Photo of the fitting of more flats !
the flats.jpg

Neil

Deckhand
Well it looks as if the new stern piece has fitted.

Never had bits as big as this when I had my meccano set !
ARCADIA NEW STERN.jpg

Ally

Deckhand
Oh....that looks so UGLY!

She didn't have the prettiest behind in the first place, but now she looks dreadful :bigeek:

I really hope the new QE won't be like that, I know HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam will be and she is launched in 2010, same as QE.

HORRID...HORRID...HORRID....it's got as much style as a council towerblock of the 1960's :mad:

Neil

Deckhand
It reminds me of the rear view of one of those ships that carry sheep !

Photo of one of the cattle ships below -

It looks like it has balconies all down its side ! :hoh:
becrux.jpg

Ally

Deckhand
Well tbh, sometimes when on the larger ships, it does look like the operators want to herd you around the thing all day.

Give me a ship that looks like a ship ANYDAY!

Neil

Deckhand
Work on the lido deck area is proceeding with the original Aquarious bar being ripped out and a larger bar fitted.

New wooden decking is also being fitted to the extended deck area.

Due to snow in Germany waterproof covers have been erected over the open decks to allow the outside work to continue.
Aquarius_Bar_from_Aft_27_11_08_am.jpg

Neil

Deckhand
Work on Arcadia continues.

Photo below of her stern covered with plastic sheeting to avoid any holdups due to the weather.

Her lifeboats were removed before she entered drydock and any maintenance work on them will be done before they are put back on the ship.
Back_Block_Cover.JPG
ARCADIA LIFEBOATS.JPG