• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

P&O Arcadia Fjords Cruise Keith & Marion

Dani

Deckhand
Jackie,

I read that during the Summit U.S. Secret Service had requested no ships in the harbor. That 26 cruises ships had to eliminate that port from their cruise ?

Since St. Pete is the crowning jewel of the cruise, I would be unhappy.

Jackie

Deckhand
Well my friend will be sooooooooo unhappy if they are not allowed in to St Pete, :nono: but she did say that Tallin/ St Pete have been alternated.
Another cruise to stalk. :pray:
They went on a weeks cruise last year to the Fiords and were so hooked that they are trying 2 weeks this year.:)
They had not been away for years, as they live on the Gower coast near Swansea ,Wales. It is such a beautiful area and Adrian & I are visiting my 98 year old aunt who lives nearby,at the end of July, so I had contacted my friend to arrange to see her.
I have said that I am interested to hear about their cruise- hope it won't be a tail of woe.:cry:

NJVIC

Deckhand
Grand report Keith -

- and the pictures are spectacular. Gives a great sense of the ship. Some years ago we housed three soccer coaches from England for the summer. Everytime something was done really well they would say "Spot on" - so to you Keith I say 'Spot on'.

Vic.

pobore1

Deckhand
Boddies was on board Jackie but I dont touch the draught stuff only the "canned " draught if you know what I mean.
Cheers Vic.

robyn

Gondoliere
Great report Keith & excellent photos!!!!!! :clap: :clap: Looks like you & Marion had a super time. Haven't been on Arcadia yet, so was interested to see the interior shots.

The last few photos - your hometown???? 'Duke of Wellington' looks like a great pub :dancer:

Jackie

Deckhand
Well Robyn it does not look like Oldham to me, I suspect somewhere around Southampton, but as I have never been there either we will have to wait until Keith tells us.

Lancashirelad

Deckhand
Robyn, the last few pictures are in southampton. They brought back lots of memories as I always go down the day before I sail gives you time to relax before the cruise starts.

Peebeegee

Deckhand
Could it have been the pitcher deal that attracted Keith?
Strange that my local should also be a Duke - but of Edinburgh instead:joy:
Cheers. Paul
Duke of Wellington.jpg

robyn

Gondoliere
Thanks Stephen, Jackie - didn't see that pub in Southampton...Keith knows just where to go ;) Only spent an afternoon in Soton prior my Aurora voyage in January. Had a spectacular Italian dinner though at 'Ennios'...yum :dancer:

pobore1

Deckhand
Yep it seems that all the pubs in Southampton sell by the pitcher.
The Duke of Wellington is more or less behind the Devere Grande Harbour.
Ennios excellent grub

Dani

Deckhand
Keith,

Over here we kill the grubs in our yard.

You eat them Italian Style ? Rather like escargot ?

Dani

Deckhand
Just figured that you Brits had discovered a new use for them !

Little white wine, some tarragon...yum !

Not quite like bangers and mash ?