• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Our Ryndam cruise review

Ally

Deckhand
Excellent review Keith & Rita, thank you so much for taking the time to post it :flowers:

Sounds like you had a good time even if mother nature didn't always behave herself too well :eek:

Enrique

Deckhand
Ally,
It seems the first few paragraphs of the review did not post! I see know way to edit.
Hi Rita. Look for a small "edit" button right below the title of your review. You are also welcome to PM me what you would like added and I will take care of it for you. :)

Ally

Deckhand
Ally,
It seems the first few paragraphs of the review did not post! I see know way to edit.
Underneath the title of the review, you should find a small tab "Edit" box, click on that and it should allow you to edit :)

If you have further difficulty, sing out :)

KeithnRita

Deckhand
That's really weird, the first part of my review is cut off when viewing thru IE. The entire review shows up fine when using Firefox. I am on an ancient computer here at work running Windows XP on bastardized hardware.
The edit box does not show on either browser.

Ally

Deckhand
This is what I get when I click on the link above...after the introduction to the ship....

Holland America m/s Ryndam back to back cruises, 13 days total
First Cruise Dec 26, 2011 to Jan 02, 2012: Tampa, FL - Key West, FL - Sea Day - Falmouth, Jamaica - George Town, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Mexico - Sea Day - Tampa, FL
Second Cruise Jan 02, 2012 to Jan 08, 2012: Tampa, FL - Key West, FL - Sea Day -
Belize City, Belize - Cozumel, Mexico - Sea Day - Tampa, FL

We choose a back to back cruise for New Year because we did not find a 10 to 11 day cruise to our liking. We've driven to Tampa before and we love the port. We had not been on a Holland America ship since the Zaandam in 2004 from Port Canaveral. The Ryndam seemed almost perfect for us except the cruise started on Dec 26. That meant we had to travel Christmas Day. We always spend Christmas Eve with all the grand kids and immediate family. On Christmas Day we usually hold an open house for friends, neighbors, and all family members. We know some were probably a little disappointed when the found out about our travel plans. Oh well!
It then continues down 2-3 paragraphs that can be expanded by clicking the "expand" tab.

Is that how it is for you?

KeithnRita

Deckhand
This is what I get when I click on the link above...after the introduction to the ship....

It then continues down 2-3 paragraphs that can be expanded by clicking the "expand" tab.

Is that how it is for you?

No, below is what I get for the start of the review on Internet Explorer. The expand tab does nothing. It all works fine on Firefox.

early to pick up us and 2 other couples and a teenager who were all on the Carnival Legion. Believe it or not, they were all Hoosiers who lived about 75 miles east of us. The drive to port was about 20 minutes and after dropping off the Carnival passengers we were taken to the Ryndam. It sure looked familiar to us as it is a clone to 3 other dam shipped we've cruise, the Veendam, Maasdam, and Statendam.

Ally

Deckhand
No, below is what I get for the start of the review on Internet Explorer. The expand tab does nothing. It all works fine on Firefox.

early to pick up us and 2 other couples and a teenager who were all on the Carnival Legion. Believe it or not, they were all Hoosiers who lived about 75 miles east of us. The drive to port was about 20 minutes and after dropping off the Carnival passengers we were taken to the Ryndam. It sure looked familiar to us as it is a clone to 3 other dam shipped we've cruise, the Veendam, Maasdam, and Statendam.
You are using an edition of IE that is too old, so best that you continue with Firefox. Enrique tried it with his old IE and got the same problem as you described guys :eek:

L

lancashire lass

Enjoyed reading your review, sounds like it was very enjoyable apart from the rough sea episode.