• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Offered An Aft Cabin....Hubs Says No?

jenk

Deckhand
For our Sept cruise we have booked a JS mid ship, deck 10. Ive just called regards to our booking and was told that a JS on the same deck but at the back of the ship is now available (1394 - Mariner). I mentioned this to Hubs but he thinks we should stay where we are incase the sea is rocky, i,e less movement in the middle?

What do you think? Should we change and if so why?

Thanks

J

Ally

Deckhand
Midships is more stable, however, an aft cabin is often quite sought after. They are often slightly more roomy and seeing where you have been rather than the sideways view can be quite special...great sunrises/sunsets too if travelling in the right direction.

Given the choice, I would go for the aft...but then I am one of those people who don't care where my cabin is as long as I am on the ship :)

alphakitty

Deckhand
Sorry can't help you with this one Em as I have no experience with an aft cabin. I think I'd prefer to look where I'm going rather than where I've been, but that's just me. :) Ally is right though, I've read many posts where the aft cabins are lusted for by many cruisers.

sailmeaway

Deckhand
We took an aft JS on our Vision cruise in October. Had originally booked a mid ship JS but decided to try the aft when if came available. I really liked it, the oversized balcony was great. But DH did NOT like it. There is a lot of rumbling noise from the engines back there and it kept him awake. Vibrations and such. We will probably never do an aft again.

BoHunk

Deckhand
Well, we will let you know on this after our trip in 2 weeks...we got an aft just to try it. WHen we were booking..the opinions werre split on this....

BarbO1999

Deckhand
I think it depends on the cruise...we had an aft balcony in Alaska and it was awesome. for the views...I vote for the aft cabin.:dancing_banana:

richardm

Deckhand
The only real problem is the potential for vibration & noise from the engines/props because when the ship is manouvering into a harbour these can get pretty unpleasant aft -but pods are supposed to be better.

Let us know what it's like as I usually get woken early on the first morning on each cruise as we enter port (I'm usually more tired on the second!)

Richard

BoHunk

Deckhand
Would everyone please shut their pie holes on this till after my cruise? :( (next week)
I have an aft cabin and am now convinced I will be rattled and shook to death by engine vibration...sea sick as heck....and burned form all day sun with no shade! Not to mention that the staff wash off the upper deck onto my balcont...and things tend to get acoating of soot..:eek:

(just kidding...:roflmao: )

sailmeaway

Deckhand
Karen, you will probably love it. If it were my choice, we would always get one!!!!! Plus the distance you have to walk to get anywhere makes it easier to justify desserts!!!

BarbO1999

Deckhand
Would everyone please shut their pie holes on this till after my cruise? :( (next week)
I have an aft cabin and am now convinced I will be rattled and shook to death by engine vibration...sea sick as heck....and burned form all day sun with no shade! Not to mention that the staff wash off the upper deck onto my balcont...and things tend to get acoating of soot..:eek:

(just kidding...:roflmao: )
Not to mention the other cruisers throwing things off the decks and them landing on your balcony....

You will not be in your cabin any more on this cruise then on any others. The balconoy will be large enough to have a party so just enjoy...do yoga out there!

Piney

Deckhand
Our first choice is aft, fantastic views, at least on the upper levels there is no noise or vibration and larger balconies.