• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Off With Her Bow !

Neil

Deckhand
Picture from the Grand Bahamas shipyard of the Veendam having parts of her bow replaced.

Reports suggest it was damaged in bad weather off the coast of Chile.
223.04 VEEDAM BOW REMOVED..jpg

meridian

Deckhand
Picture from the Grand Bahamas shipyard of the Veendam having parts of her bow replaced.

Reports suggest it was damaged in bad weather off the coast of Chile.
Hi Neil, Just off Miracle but sailing Veendam Aug 14th,2011. Nice pic of the bow, I wish I was a fly on the bulkhead in Veendam's bridge when this happened. Veendam's passengers on the South America runs are usually old timers and this likely explains the lack of Youtube videos at the time she took this beating. I'll be sure to post a report of our Veendam voyage to Bermuda and back. Regards shipmate! --Glenn

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Glen

Having been with P & O Cruises and Princess Cruises for over 30 years I still have some good friends around the world who sent me in the latest shipping news from their areas .

That means that the news we get is sometimes unique and often quoted by other cruising websites. :hoh:

I wonder if the Captain kept his job after the ship was damaged. :bigeek:

Will look forward to a report, with some pictures I hope, on your return.

meridian

Deckhand
I'll try to get the inside scoop for you Neil. Depending on the accuracy of the weather/sea state reports available to the ship, the captain for all we know got a promotion for not loosing the ship entirely.
By the way Neil, We've sailed the Pacific Princess twice and loved it.
Quoted from my wife upon Boarding PP for the first time: " Why do they call this The Love Boat when no two beds can be put together?" I almost lost my champagne!