• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Oasis class or Freedom class? Pros and cons needed please

clearbluedaze

Deckhand
Okay, so we are planning a vacation and we think we have it narrowed down to these two classes on RCI.

Please......share your pros and cons. Only ship on RCI we have sailed was Jewel, we LOVED it. Sailed her twice.

Jjaazzy

Deckhand
Okay, so we are planning a vacation and we think we have it narrowed down to these two classes on RCI.

Please......share your pros and cons. Only ship on RCI we have sailed was Jewel, we LOVED it. Sailed her twice.
I have sailed on the freedom, independence and oasis. The freedom and independence is very similar except there were some crowd flow issues on the freedom that they addressed on the independence. Particularly in the windjammer cafe. Independence was made bigger to deal with the crowd. The water park is beautiful on these ships and we spent a lot of time there, of course these ship have the flow ridder but only one.

Jjaazzy

Deckhand
I wasn't finished..... The oasis is just that, there are so many beautiful places on his ship. The Aqua show that is performed by many x Olympians is fantastic. This ship you will have to make advance reservations to see shows which quite frankly was a big pain but with so many people to deal with on the ship it was good to know you had a seat. There is a pretty big price differences between the two classes but if money was no object I would do oasis or allure. Now if you had to pick between them decide if you want to see Chicago or hair spray... That is the main theater entertainment.

gbet63

Deckhand
If you are making your choice only on the Broadway shows offered which you've already mentioned, that's a hard one. If you like comedy, I would suggest 'Hairspray'; if you want a classic by Bob Fosse (orignally) then 'Chicago' is hard to beat. The music is wonderful as is the choreography.
As far as the two ships, they are almost twins with the exception of the Allure being just a tiny bit longer which is not remotely noticable. The water shows are the same. The ice show is different but neither are great like they used to be. The last one is a great improvement, however.
The difference in the two ships is pure nit-picking. Both are crowded and you'll wait in line for everything. I would do my own research and not depend on what another person likes or dislikes as they probably aren't the same as yours.

Gordon

BillOh

Deckhand
I just got back from my second cruise on Freedom. I've also done 2 on Allure. Here are a few quick thoughts that might provoke other discussions.

Windjammer - Freedom is better in terms of seating the ratio of seats to people on board is much better on Freedom. Allure/Oasis they are trying to get you to do other things.

Solarium. - Freedom wins for me. I don't like the Oasis class Solarium as much. It feels to stuffy and indoors, plus it doesn't have a pool. Ok, somebody will yell me at me. I call that thing they have on Allure a bird bath, not a pool Freedom's Solarium pool is one of my favorite cruise ship pools, along with the Beach pool on Oasis, but the Solarium pool is adults only.

Promenade - Allure/Oasis - A little wider, easier to get through and I like the personal pizza at Sorrentos on the Oasis class. They don't have that on Freedom.

Theater/Entertainment - Allure/Oasis wins here. Freedom't theater is big, but has plenty of blind spots not on the Oasis class.

All this said, I'd do either again. (Currently booked on Oasis)