• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Norwegian Dream

Neil

Deckhand
Hi

Many thanks for the photos of Norwegian Dream.

Can you tell me when, and at what port, they were taken.

s0334200

Deckhand
Yes.....The ship is now at Langkawi, Malaysia....I think those pics were taken a few days ago.
Nothing has been mentioned about the ship and I believe even the "head office" still don't know what they are going to do with the ship...

Neil

Deckhand
With her still being advertised for sale for over three years I can not see there being any news from the company until she is either sold to new owners, they decide to operate her themselves, or she is sold for scrap ! .

It was the 27th April 2009 when the 1992 built ship stopped at Gibraltar for re-fueling, enroute to Greece.

The purchase of her was reported as declined then for technical reasons, by Louis Cruises, after they had inspected her on arrival and still nobody seems interested in her so the question is why !.

Neil

Deckhand
Norwegian Dream is still advertised as for sale on a couple of the shipbrokers websites.

There has been no other recent news about this ship.

kkuchings

Deckhand
I just heard that Norwegian dream plan to join Star cruises and will be move to far-east asia for star business. So, anyone else got more detail information about this issue?

L

lancashire lass

Haven't seen anything on Norwegian dream as yet. Please check back someone on the forum might have an answer.

Cruisefan

Deckhand
Genting Group Hong Kong, owner of Star Cruises and 50% of NCL, has reported in their latest Annual Report, that they will now refurbish the Norwegian Dream and bring her back in the "Region". they also realized $13.3 Million from settlment of a dispute with Louis Cruises, for the sale of the dream ($280mio.). When the Dream will reenter service and what she will be named then, was not reported. here the annual Reports:
http://www.gentinghk.com/media/281258/Doc010-4Q2011-Results_20Release_22_20Mar_202012_20(final)(clean).pdf
http://www.gentinghk.com/media/502212/e018annualreport2011.pdf
Happy Cruising
CruiseFan
Photo shows her tied up at the Langkawi october 2011
Norwegian Dream_Langkawi.jpg

Cruisefan

Deckhand
Good question, but sicne you are located at the source (Genting Hong Kong) maybe you can give them a dingle, invite the receptionist for a night out in town and let us all know the outcome.
Cheers
CruiseFan