• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Norwegian Dream

Neil

Deckhand
Although the AIS ship position for the Norwegian Dream was not showing for a couple of days this past week the ship is shown tonight as still being at the Sembawang shipyard.

Neil

Deckhand
Hi starcruises

The name suggestions is for the two new NCL cruise ships on order !

Nothing to do with ships they at present own.

Neil

Deckhand
Hi

It is a world wide competition and on the NCL website as well. !

Some people living in the far east may only use the Star Cruises website.

rd77

Deckhand
Hi all,

New here, although some of you might recognise me, as I am also active on a number of other liner/cruise ship forums. I was already wondering if it was the NORWEGIAN DREAM which I saw on the left in this shot, taken at the Sembawang yard. Seems it is!

Refloat - Stern 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Brgds.
Ralph

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Ralph

Welcome to the cruisingtalk website.

I have seen your postings on other shipping forums so nice to see you on here.

Looking at the pictures it does look like the Norwegian Dream that you have caught alongside the New Zealand ferry Aratere.

We have run a feature about the ferry having a new bow fitted and a new midships section added so nice to see some pictures of the work being undertaken in the selection of your pictures.

Many thanks for posting the link on here.

Any news or comments from you are always welcome.

Welcome aboard.

rd77

Deckhand
Hi Neil,

Those pics aren't mine, they are posted on Flickr by the Interislander ferry company itself. I must say the stretch and rebuild process of the ARATERE is most interesting to follow!

Cheers,
Ralph

Neil

Deckhand
Hi Ralph

No problems about the source of the pictures.

It gives them free publicity and has already been seen by one of our New Zealand members who did not know about the work on the ferry.

When I do know of the source of any pictures on here I often give a credit to that source.

Neil

Deckhand
Another week has passed and still Norwegian Dream remains at the Sembawang shipyard in Singapore.

Having arrived in Singapore waters about the 25th May 2011 it would appear some major work is being done to her as she arrived at the shipyard, two months ago, on the 8th June 2011 ! :bigeek:

My visits to Sembawang shipyard , for the annual maintenance work on ss Oriana, were for nine days one year and 14 days the next year ! :hoh:

starcruises

Deckhand
The crew onboard SuperStar virgo said that there were rumors that there would be another Star Cruises ship operating the Hong Kong-China route.

SuperStar Virgo will be in drydock from 1st January 2012 to 23rd January 2012. Following that, she will carry out a series of unusual 1 night cruises to nowhere (usually they were 2 nights) from 23rd to 27th January before carrying on with her usual itineraries.--According to Singapore Cruise schedules

Neil

Deckhand
Hi

The one night cruises sound like some gambling cruises like those which were operated from Singapore by the ' Long Jie ' before she was recently sold to the Chinese company.

Picture of the Long Jie below -
09.08 long jie.jpg

Neil

Deckhand
Hi

Perhaps the 1 night cruise you say are running between the 23rd and 27th January could be for people in the travel trade.

Will have to try and get on one ! :dancing_banana:

That is if they paid my return air fare from the UK and also provided some hotel accommodation. :hoh:

But then we do not sell cruises ! :bawling:

Neil

Deckhand
Although no AIS transmission was showing on the ship position maps over the weekend, Norwegian Dream is showing again today. :cool:

She remains at the Sembawang shipyard, Singapore. :hoh:

Neil

Deckhand
Hi s034200

Welcome to the cruisingtalk website.

Interested to know how you found out that Norwegian Dream had moved to the drydock.

Are you on another ship at Sembawang ?

The last time I was at Sembawang was when the P & O Cruises ss Oriana was there for her annual drydocking in 1984 !

Any new pictures of Norwegian Dream are always appreciated.

Welcome aboard.

s0334200

Deckhand
I'm not working on ship....but according to her AIS...it shows that she is now in one of the drydock at Sembawang...I really interested to know what is her plan...

Neil

Deckhand
Hi

With the AIS ship position maps although they will show a ship at the port the exact position they show on the map is not always the exact place where the ship is berthed due to limitations on the maps and the signal being affect with cranes etc in the area of the ship.

s0334200

Deckhand
i found that some of the workers of N Dream have said that "drydock again" so i think the ship is in drydock.....but i was not able to ask them anymore