• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Noordam to ALaska 5/13/2007

akpog1

Deckhand
We are thaking this cruise on 5 13 07 Has any one taken a HAL cruise to Alaska last year,, any comments or advise would be greatly appricated.

Ally

Deckhand
Welcome to our cruise mad family :joy:

I have moved your thread to our HAL roll call area, that way anyone who may be travelling on your cruise can find you easier :)

Noordam is sposed to be a beautiful ship, I have only seen Westerdam (which was docked alongside my ship in Nassau a couple of weeks ago). I hope that you have a wonderful time aboard her and can find travelling companions and information here too :)

tonysma

Deckhand
We are thaking this cruise on 5 13 07 Has any one taken a HAL cruise to Alaska last year,, any comments or advise would be greatly appricated.
Hello, I'm new. I am on this cruise too. Haven't cruised in a long time, never to Alaska. I am so excited! Have you booked any excursions?

akpog1

Deckhand
Yes We have,, they are

In Juneau

Mendenhall Glacier & Whale Quest

In Sitka

Sea Otter Quest & Alaska Raptor Center

Ketchikan by Horse-Drawn Trolley and

The Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show

In Victoria

Victoria by Horse-Drawn Trolley

We will be arriving in Seatle on May 11th

This is my First Cruise and the second for my Wife

tonysma

Deckhand
Did you book through HAL? I am doing the helicopter glacier landing in Juneau, historic Russia & raptor center in Sitka, and Saxman Village in Ketchikan. I booked all of these through the ship, but am taking an independent whale watching tour in Juneau. I am flying to Seattle on May 12. Hard to believe its only two weeks from tomorrow that we leave.

akpog1

Deckhand
Yes We did book thru HAL ,, we did that because we heard that if you do then they have the responsibility of returning you to the ship on time. And if you don't if for some reason the trip runs late you are on your own to return to the ship on time,, So we did just to be on the safe side. In Seattle I understand that one of the sights to see is PIKE's Market Place. are you aware of anyothers

tonysma

Deckhand
I haven't really planned or researched Seattle yet-My flight gets there in the evening, if there are any delays I probably will try to sleep and head to the ship right away(I'm a worrier and will probably take me some time to calm down enough to sleep). And my flight home leaves at 1230pm, so after docking and going through customs, I didn't think I would have any time for excursions. I may go on another cruise to Alaska in a couple of years, hoping my kids might be able to join me, and then we will stay over a few days in Seattle and explore. What I have heard is that Pikes is a great place to visit. Do you know if that's where the flower markets are located?

akpog1

Deckhand
I dont know about Flower Gardens in Seattle,, but I understand that in Victoria, there are some amazing ones

tonysma

Deckhand
I dont know about Flower Gardens in Seattle,, but I understand that in Victoria, there are some amazing ones
Somewhere I heard that ships get their flowers from a flower market. I was wondering if it was in Pikes Market. These would be fresh cut flowers, not gardens like Buchart in Victoria. Sorry that I didn't explain that any better. Hard to believe 2 weeks from today we will be heading north toward Glacier Bay. Hope the time goes fast til we leave.