• Hello visitor!

We are happy to see you have stopped by and hope you will consider registering with our community. Whether you have a question related to an upcoming cruise or just want to meet other fellow cruisers, you are always welcome!

Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Newbie Hello

oconnor69

Deckhand
Hi
I thought I'd say a quick hello and introduce myself as I seem to find myself logging into the forum every day!

My name is Karen and am fairly new to the cruise holiday experience (however in the last 2 years have managed to squeeze in 3 RCI trips:))

We haven't tried any other companies yet as RCI cover our requirements pretty well, we travel with our 9 year old son who likes all the extras on board, but I would love to hear views on the other lines.

ps Please excuse my user name, the number is our house number, but funnily enough its the only number other O'Connors don't seem to use :oops:

Dani

Deckhand
Hi Karen,

I can understand why your nine year old would like RCL.

They seem to have a wonderful amount of activites for young people.

One of our friends sailed with her 12 year old on RCL and it was hard to get him to come off the ship and go home.

Now that you are in the habit of joining us every day, please chime in on our
interesting and sometimes nutty discussions. :)

CharlieW

Deckhand
Welcome Karen,

RCI does a great job with kids. I have friends on Voyager this week with 3 kids. It's their 1st cruise.

Welcome to the forum and please tell us about your cruising experiences.

NJVIC

Deckhand
Hi Karen -

- welcome to the forums - great group of people here and I am sure you'll get info on a variety of different cruiselines. I'm a big RCI fan myself and have enjoyed sailings on other lines as well. Any specific cruiseline you're interested in getting info on?

Vic.

oconnor69

Deckhand
Many thanks for your warm welcome.

In answer to our cruise experiences the three that we have done have been excellent. We have done two in the Med (Splendour & Brilliance) and have just returned from our first trip to the Caribbean on Voyager -which was so good that we booked next year's within 24 hours of arriving home :dancer:

I suppose the only blot on the horizon was my decision to treat myself to a spa treatment, without going into too many details I was basically held hosatge in the treatment room while the lady tried to sell me bath salts costing over $500!!! I'm now in two minds whether to try another treatment on the next cruise to see if it was a one-off experience or to avoid completely:?

Karen

Liz

Deckhand
:shock:

Karen, regarding the wonders of Spas:roll: , check out Dani's Sapphire Princess report.

When it came time for the spa sales pitch on my last cruise, I MUST have been able to get just the right look on my face.....it kinda petered out into....."I don't suppose you want to buy anything, do you". She was right:D

oconnor69

Deckhand
Yes, I should have added that I was only wearing towels, she had conveniently moved my clothes whilst she made the sales pitch :shock:

Karen

Liz

Deckhand
Do the spa:D , but keep an eye on your clothes:shock: (They didn't have a changing/locker room:confused: )

oconnor69

Deckhand
It was a self-contained room with an en-suite shower, I plumped for the seaweed wrap treatment so you shower off the sludge then lay on the bed for stage two. It was while I had my shower that she moved the clothes - and its not until she's trapped you that you notice!!!!

Perhaps if I had chosen the nice tame manicure......:roll:

BBT

Deckhand
Welcome aboard Karen. I noticed your location being Bath--is that Pennsylvania or somewher else?? Regarding family cruising we have sailed NCL out of N.Y.C. the last 3 years and have been completely satisfied. We travel 2 adults and two kids age 11 and 14 and there is soooo much for all of us to do. We are probably going to try RCCL or CCL sometime in the future. :D

Bob

Dani

Deckhand
Steiner Spas .....I have a headache ! :duh:

Everyone seems to have the same experience with the Steiner Spas.

Such a nice part of the cruise and in most cases ruined by the Steiner attitude.

I am now in the process of checking out Hotel/r\Resort Spas for our next cruise in Feb.

I found one in Bonaire that seems to be very reasonable. I would like to Spa while the men snorkle.

Maybe I will book with this Spa since it is part of a resort.

Also the Marriott Ren. private Island for the day has a spa on it.

Not one penny of mine is going to go to Steiner again. :mad: